Chapter One (Under Construction)

Just breath in and out, again in and out. God I can't do this how can I? How can I make it through the interview to get a job at multi-billion dollar company.

I mean really who would want to hire me. I'm a twenty seven year old women who was a Hostess at a restaurant. Oh god I really am a fool.

I finally look up at the mirror in my black tight skirt to my knees forming my hour glass figure. With a white tank top under neath a black blazer along with black flats. I've never understood why women wore heels to an interview. So uncomfortable.

I glance at the clock, 7:45AM. Who in there right mind would want an interview at 8AM, I mean really? I better get going.

___________________

As I get out of the cab I look up at the tall structured building. It looks like an all glass piece molded together and no metal.

I walk in to a marbled flooring in an open space of workers going back and forth.

"Hello, welcome to Maxwell enterprises. How can I help you today?" asked a redhead with to much makeup on an red lipstick.

"Um, hi I'm here for an interview with Mr. Maxwell." I stated wishing I canceled it now.

"Your name?" she said in a sickly sweet voice.

"Ariana."

Miss I got colored by a crayon box told me to go around to the 30th floor and take a right first door on the right. Simple, I thought it was gonna be right, left, left, right, left and one more right and your there sort of thing.

As I reached the elevator and it takes me up I feel like my heart rate is going up with it. I'm gonna have a stroke before it even gets to the 15th floor.

By the 26th floor it stops to let someone on.

The man walks on and he has blonde churlish hair about 5'12 towering over my 5'5 frame.

"Hi, what floor?" the man asks.

I look over and see him giving me a friendly smile showing off a set of pearly whites.

"30th I have an interview." I tried to say casually.

The man chuckles, "Don't be so nervous Mr. Maxwell isn't such a bad guy. Can be a pain in the butt but not a bad guy."

"Thanks, if I survive the interview I will thank you." I glanced at the elevator and saw we are at the 29th floor and then it dings saying 30th.

I slowly start to proceed to get off an walk away and I hear, "Have a good day! What is your name by the way?"

I turn around half way, "Ariana. Thanks you too." I turn and got right and come to the first door.

Just breath you made it up with out a heart attack you can do this now... I think. I start to knock and hear a voice telling me to come in.

As I start opening the door I see bright light and when my eyes adjust I see a gorgeous man sitting behind a redwood mahogany desk. He had dark brown hair, brown beard, and brown piercing eyes.

He stood up from his desk and walked around meeting me half way to his desk where two chairs sit.

He is easily 6'4. My god he is so tall!

He walks over to me and offers his hand.

"Good morning, my name is Lorenzo Maxwell." He says in a deep voice.

"Good morning, I'm Ariana I'm here for an interview." I say shyly from being intimidated by his large buff stature.

"Why yes your here for the secretary's assistant position?" Mr. Maxwell questioned while turning his back to me going to his desk.

I start my way over to the chairs and sit answering, "Yes I am."

He adjusts his tie and clears his throat. "Have you had any experience to an SA? I saw on your résumé you were a hostess at a restaurant at your last job."

I shift uncomfortably wishing I really had stayed home. "Yes, that is true but I did answer the phone as a hostess taking reservations for dinner if that helps any.."

He just looks at me then down to some papers in a folder and closes the folder leaning back in his chair.

"Well you see here at Maxwell enterprises my Secretary does all the phone answering. If I did hire you your job would help keep my secretary organized and copying/printing papers for her to give me.

This is very easy job I assure you but it can be taxing. I say this because you need to be available 24/7 around the clock 6 days a week. When I need you here you need to be here at the snap of my finger. Understood?"

I shake my head uneasily. Do I really want to be this mans puppet?

"How old are you?" He asks.

"27." I say while I start examining what's on his desk.

"Do you think you will be suited for this job?" He asks again.

I speak up trying to not be so nervous, "I think I would make a great fit into the company. I am very well organized and a hint of OCD." I chuckle a little at the end knowing how bad it could get at times.

He leans forwards and sets his hands down on the dark wooden desk and intertwined his fingers.

"Well with that said thank you for coming in today. I hope you have a good morning." He dismisses me.

I'm very dumbfounded that this interview went rather quickly. He turns his head to his computer.

That's it???

I stand up quickly and thank him and leave. As soon as I walk out I feel the tension leave my body I built up this morning.

I got on the elevator and pushed the 'G' button for Ground Level to the lobby. I lean on the wall and relax doing a recap on today.

That man was to attractive for his own good. There was something about him that made him feel dangerous as in a criminal. That's a little weird I have to say.

I finally reach the lobby and Miss the crayon box blew up on me didn't spare me a glance.

As I walked out of the building after getting just a few yards my phone rings.

I don't check caller ID I just pushed talked, "Hello?"

I hear a familiar deep voice on the other end, "Your hired Miss Lazarides I will give you this weekend to prepare for work. You start on Monday at 7AM. If you have any questions you can reach me at this number. Have a good day." Then hangs up.

I'm standing there frozen. H-he hired me! He actually hire me! Wait did he say 7AM? I mentally moan in my head. Great...

I hear my phone beeping saying its time to take my medication. I almost forgot!

As I dig through my bag a thought hits me.

I never gave my number to him nor did he ask for it. So how did he get my number?

VOTE!