Hour Glass

______Alex's POV_____

After a few hours of stitches, screaming, bleeding, and extreme foul language, Sam patched me up pretty good. They brought me to the bunker to keep me safe, a dump idea honestly. Cas had left to go find Crowley's location for Dean, who wanted him dead more than I did.

Sam stayed in the library to "research" like the little (or should I say big) nerd he is. Dean insisted on carrying me everywhere. Literally everywhere. I slung my arm over his shoulders as he lifted me effortlessly to his chest.

"Dean....I can walk"

"With the hundreds of stitches you have? Not a chance"

"Where am I gonna stay?"

"My room"

"Oh"

Dean opened the door and set me down on the bed. His normally rough and hasty pace was replaced by slow steps and ginger grip on my body. He checked my stitches a final time before leaving, closing the door behind him.

His room was simple. A few guns along the walls, his shirts folded on a dresser....it was almost to clean. Dean was never an organized person, so this was pretty amazing. I understood why he kept it so clean and tidy. Having your own room is a big deal when you're on the road as much as us.

"Alex"

Castiel's voice broke the silence. I jumped and reached for the knife Dean keeps under his pillow. Seeing Cas's face was reassuring, but his eyes glanced towards the blade in my hand. I set it down and began to stand up.

"Alex, maybe you shouldn't...."

"Cas, don't even try right now"

"Okay"

"What do you want?"

"Sam has called me to heal you completely"

"Cas no. That's way to much to ask"

"Fortunately for you, Sam didn't ask. He demanded"

He extended two fingers to my forehead and I closed my eyes. Upon reopening my eyes Cas was gone, as well as all the pain. I lifted my shirt to see the scars but there was nothing. My skin was as smooth and pale as normal, not even a fainted line where the scar should be.

Sam had no right! He knows that he's just weakening Cas! I can heal by myself.
I reached for the door as a light tapping came from the opposite side. I stepped back, slightly startled.

"Come in"

"Hey..."

"Sam, why would you do that?! You know it's just weakening Cas!"

"Listen, he agreed to it. Plus, I had him do it for a reason"

I glanced at the garment bag draped over his shoulder. He was planning something...

"What's in the bag?..."

"You're dress"

"I don't even own a dress"

"You do now"

"What's it for?"

"Your date"

"Excuse me?"

"We found a case. Here..."

Sam gently closed the door behind him, leaving us alone in Dean's near empty room. He hung the garment bag on the hook and unzipped it, revealing the floor length gown. It was tight fitted to around the bottom of the thighs, then flared out into a thin layer of shimmering black stones and glitter. The bodice was a lace pattern of intertwined black and red fabric. The neckline was low, and the sleeves extended fully down. I couldn't lie, the dress was beautiful.