Chapter 6 : Meet The Family

My parents arranged a dinner party for my marriage. They were mad about my low key secretive wedding ceremony so they arranged this dinner to share the news with the whole family and friends. It was time for my brooding bride to meet the family. I have no clue how would her parents react to this wedding.

We reached my parents place. She was shy and quiet at the beginning and then she became comfortable I think. She liked interacting with my cute little niece Lexi. They were together chit chatting for a while like she was her bestie. Most women there, were enquiring about her beautiful sexy Indian dress. It was a long piece of cloth wrapped around her but it looked so damn sexy. I have seen her mostly wearing pants not something fancy like this.

My family seemed happy after seeing her. She is the kind of girl you'd want to introduce to your family, so cultured and exotic. I don't know if she liked my family, she looked like she like them but I wasn't sure if it was all acting. When they asked us to kiss for a picture, I knew she wouldn't so I told them that Indians were not big on PDA.

My family was so impressed with her exotic culture that they wanted to go to India. I hoped that it was just a temporary idea as I was not ready to meet her family, not at least for the next 10 years.

All the ladies including my mom and sister were having a discussion near the kitchen. I couldn't hear much with a noisy surrounding, I heard some words here and there. I heard they were awing at some stories my wife was cooking up there, so I tuned my hearing in that direction.

"I look him up everyday from my desk and smile to myself. Once a coworker saw me smiling to myself, he gave an awkward smile and turned away. That was so embarrassing. Sometimes I have noticed that we wear same color shirts for work, it made me think that we were telepathically in sync."

What? What was she talking about? Did she like me before? She had feelings for me? Was she telling the truth?

"I used to take the bus for work, to keep me company he took the bus as well. There is this Indian cheese I love so much, he bought that for me many times. He had to travel long to buy that. He does a lot of sweet things like this for me."

Oh she was lying, that never happened. I never bought her anything. I don't know what's an Indian cheese. She was so good at lying she even had me at first. I should stop her before the lies grow bigger, so I walked towards the kitchen.

"Tell us about the proposal" my sister asked her.
"I told him that according to my culture I would have sex with him only after marriage. He said okay let's get married then"

WHAT! WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY? Is she going to tell the whole truth. Is she going to reveal that I'm a perverted psychopath to my family? All the ladies became silent.

She laughed and told that she was kidding.

"It was I who proposed. I fell in love with him the moment I first saw him. He is not just a beautiful face, I like how he is warm and friendly with everyone. I like how he is protective of me. He is perfect in every way. The more I got to know him, the more I fell for him. There is a poem in Indian language which says 'Her love for him grew so big like a Jackfruit' you know jackfruit? It's so big like a big pumpkin. 'Her love for him grew so big like a Jackfruit that the branch cannot hold it anymore' they refer the branch as the body and soul of the lady. I felt the same way about him. I couldn't hold it anymore, so I proposed him. Then only he shared that he also felt the same way about me but was afraid to express his feelings. So we decided to get married."

She was spoilt by romance novels I think. Whew! That was so close. We should head home, I need some time to digest all the food and the lies.

Guilted into Marriage [Completed] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें