01. 𝑫𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒖𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔

DIANA BARRY sat on Anne's bed at queens, sunlight bursting into the room.

"Come on Anne! Why won't you ever tell me whats in the letters you and Gilbert send one another?" Diana laughed as Anne's cheeks turn bright pink.

"Well Diana Barry, if you think I am hiding something, I am most certainly not." Anne said, flopping back onto the bed.

Anne recalled the events that had happened 5 months ago, right before she arrived to queens. Her feelings had only grown for Gilbert, and for what she could tell, his feelings for her grew as well.

"I believe you Anne, mostly. They're probably just Gilbert confessing his love for you, 'oh Anne! I love you so much, I don't know what to do with my myself!'" Both girls collapsed into fits of laughter.

"I can tell you they say nothing of the sort." Anne said, her head held high. Diana just smirked at Anne and sat up.

Ruby Gillis entered the room, smiling. Ruby Gillis was a pretty girl with a lot of emotions. Her beautiful blonde hair would of made Anne jealous a few years before, but now Anne had learned to love her hair.

"Do you think moody has any feelings for me? Jane said that he looks at me romantically sometimes." Ruby said, sighing rather dramatically. She sat down at the end of the bed.

"I'm sure he likes you Ruby, just give him time!" Diana rubbed Ruby's shoulder in comfort.

"I know, but oh! What if it ends up like Gilbert?" Ruby hopelessly threw her arms into the air. Anne grinned at the mention of his name.

"Why don't you talk to him about it ruby?" Anne said and ruby shrugged.

"Enough about moody, how have you guys been? I feel like it's been so long since we have even spoke about our personal lives. Just school, and boys." Diana said delicately playing with the lace on her dress.

"I am highly confused on what I would like to do after college. I surely do not want to make myself a wife." Anne said, exaggerating the last word.

"Why not Anne?" Ruby asked.

"I believe a wife should not be labeled as a woman who cooks and cleans for her husband. Women are capable of so much more than that my dear Ruby." Anne said, passionate with every word. Ruby smiled at her.

"I've said it once and I'll say it again. You have such a way with words." Ruby grinned.

Anne chuckled softly, and got up off the bed.

She went over to her desk, looking through the letters Gilbert had sent her. She took one, pressed it against her chest.

She hadn't noticed Diana and ruby had left the room. They left once they noticed anne looking through the letters.

Anne wiped the tear running down her face.

"I miss you." She whispered, and she gripped the letter tightly. She hadn't let out any emotions in the past weeks. She didn't want to admit to herself that she needed to see him, sooner rather than later.

"Anne? Are you alright?" Jane Andrews had entered the room, her eyebrows furrowed.

Anne shook her head "no" and she felt her eyes water up. Jane noticed and walked over to her.

"I miss him. Oh god Jane, I miss him. I miss the way he made me feel beautiful and intelligent. I miss him. I miss Marilla and Matthew! I want to go home. To him and to Green Gables." Anne spoke softly, before the heart-wrenching tears came out. Jane hugged Anne, taking in her every word. Jane knew Anne tried to avoid thinking about everything that was torn from arms reach when she went to Queens.

Anne Shirley Cuthbert missed her home. She missed Gilbert Blythe, Green Gables, Marilla Cuthbert, and Matthew Cuthbert. She wasn't used to being apart from them, and she surely wasn't going to get used to it.

"Anne, you will see him soon, and you can visit green gables soon, Christmas isn't that far away." Jane said, and Anne nodded. They pulled away from the hug.

Anne took a look at the window. The birds flying away. Just like Gilbert flying away from her arms and into Toronto's own.

"You'll see him soon." She whispered, reminding herself, and smiled lightly.

AUTHORS NOTE
Kind of an inside view on how Anne is taking in everything and being apart from the Cuthberts and Gilbert. Kind of want to punch myself in the face for starting the sort of "angst" early. But anyways, this book probably won't be that long, I'm thinking, 15-20 chapters.