Chapter 13

Keith Kogane
——————
  Lance stayed asleep for a while to my luck. It wasn't until one of the centuries came in with their boots stomping on the ground making it sound like we're going through a thunderstorm that he woke up. I growled at the galra soldier when he stepped a little too close for my liking.

"Calm down now, I'm not going to hurt your mate. I came to bring food, earthlings do eat I assume.. or do you drink blood like that one other species?" He questioned. Lance lifted his head from my chest and eyed the food. The man handed Lance a small piece of purple bread before giving me my own piece. Lance looked at me before taking a bite. "It's not poisoned."
  I took a bite, Lance followed my example. It tasted good, surprisingly. We finished our pieces quickly unsurprisingly, considering just how small they were. He gave us each a bottle and I contemplated walking him on the head with it and making a run for it with Lance. That was until I saw Lotor smirking at us by the door. I glared in his direction and drank a sip of the water.

"Thank you. You may return to your post, soldier," Lotor said to the soldier as he began to leave. The man nodded and left us. "Well, well.. two of the paladins of Voltron, here, captured by me. Looking so vulnerable. Especially the blue one, oh how adorable he looks." His voice was eerie. He had a plan in mind, one I'm sure I wouldn't like. Lance cuddled against me, he was still little. I growled as he reached his hand out to pet Lance's hair.

"Ah, but of course. You're his mate. Hmm, it must tear you apart to see him so scared, so small, so completely at our mercy." He sneered. I swear if I could just get my hands free.. this man would probably end up dead. Lance whimpered against the base of my neck. My arms were wrapped around him like a steel band. I wasn't going to let him get hurt. Not again. Lotor laughed. "How adorable. You really think you can protect him? I'll give you an offer. If you agree to come work for me, or at least give me some information on Voltron, I'll make sure no harm comes to your precious Blue."

"Never gonna happen." Lance said. Huh, already out of little space. Lotor raised an eyebrow before his smirk returned.

"And why is that, Baby Blue? Why wouldn't your brave boyfriend risk it all for his lover?" Lotor asked. His voice made it seem as though he were talking to a small child, as though he were talking to a small child he was about to do something terrible to. Perverted creep.

"Because my life compared to the lives of millions is worth nothing. If I die, I'd rather know that it wouldn't be in vain. That at least someone else would be able to help save the universe. I'm not needed anyways." He mumbled the last part, but I heard it loud and clear. The way lance spoke, it was monotone. There was no emotion behind it. It scared me to no end, I know he had self esteem issues but I hadn't expected him to announce something like that aloud without any thought.

"That's where you're wrong Little Boy Blue, you just can't see it." Lotor sighed. He looked to me. "I assume you'll try everything to get out. No matter the cost. If you want to get out, know my soldiers will fight. You won't be leaving unscathed. Personally, I know you two won't give up any information. You're useless to me anyways." I raised an eyebrow.

"So you expect us to leave?" I questioned. He nodded.

"I won't stop you, my soldiers will try. The only reason I'm being a bit soft is because you've caught me in a good mood. And you're lucky he's here with you, otherwise I wouldn't be letting you go." He nodded towards Lance.

"Why? What's your motive? There has to be something you aren't telling me." I said quietly.

"He just.. reminds me of someone I held very dear to my heart." He sighed before exiting. My eyes widened. He probably had a mate. The past tense he used makes it sound like that person is gone. I looked down at my own boyfriend, Lance reminded him of someone close to him. I kissed his head. He kissed my cheek.