Coming Out

Moving on from her ex was hard for Jordan, but it was Kris' loud mouth that gave away Jordan's secret before she was ready to and all it took was a call from Gary Neville about what she had blabbed to The Sun "WHAT?!" Jordan wasn't pleased when he told her about the headline and sent her the link, Jordan was beyond furious:

Liverpool Skipper Bisexual Fag

Jordan walked straight up to see Jurgen about what she could do "I don't know what to say, Hendo. But it is your choice about what to do" Jordan nodded "I kna that, but I'm just not sure if I can be taken seriously as a skipper now this is out" Jurgen looked at her "look at Oliver Giroud, Hendo. He is openly gay and is proud about who he is, regardless of what the press say" Jurgen gave an example of a footballer who was similar to her.

Jordan nodded, but she still wasn't sure as she made her way down to the canteen and sat at a table in defeat "sweetie, what's wrong?" Caroline always knew to give Jordan a cup of green tea whenever she was upset "just what the Scum wrote about me, Caroline" Jordan looked up at her with tear-filled blue eyes "am I a Fag?" Caroline shook her head "love, of course not. You're a wonderful, lovely girl with the biggest heart for the game" she assured, giving her a hug.

When she was next interviewed by Sky Sports after a game, she was asked the inevitable question about her sexuality "been this way since I was a teenager, had several boyfriends and girlfriends before I settled with Kris after moving to Liverpool four years ago. Me two girls kept asking me if their Mum were coming back I straight told them the truth" she looked Jamie Redknapp in the eye, Redders knew Jordan through Carra and knew what she was like "and you're proud of it?"

She shrugged "is who I am. People need to just accept me for myself and not judge me on who I like to be in a relationship with" she shrugged, ending the interview on that note and giving Jamie a warm hug "thanks, Redders" she mumbled into his suit jacket "I knew you were bi when I first met you, kiddo" the Liverpool legend held her at arms length and looked her in her soft blue eyes.

"Jordan, you were brave as hell to come out on camera" Gary smiled, he may not like she was a Liverpool captain, but he loved her as a person. She never forgot her working class roots and her hometown, whenever she had a chance, she was always back in Sunderland to see her parents, she was at heart a working class girl with a working class attitude towards her job.

Strangely, the entire football community were behind Jordan, she was the strangest thing in the history of the sport and wasn't ashamed to now admit she was who she was and straight up admitted what had happened to her with her ex-girlfriend. Sir Bobby Charlton had come up to Melwood to see her about how she was doing, it was surprising and an honour for Jordan to see one of England's '66 squad to come up and check on her mental health.

Sadly for Jordan, all it took was one crass and unkind comment from one of her own teammates to knock her confidence down. Raheem Sterling hadn't seen her walking towards where he and Adam Lallana were and said a disgusting comment on the LGBTQ community, shocking Jordan to the core. That was the last time Raheem was also playing for Liverpool, he was sold to Manchester City during the summer transfer.

Jordan was just glad to see the back of him and was surprised that Kevin De Bruyne came up from Manchester to Liverpool to talk to her about Raheem "nah, I'm just surprised you came up here" Jordan was sat in her normal jeans, checked shirt, beat up trainers and her signature beanie hat with her nose ring, two sets of earrings and spider bites in "it's not right that he said those things about you, Hendo" Kevin looked upset at the depressed Liverpool captain who now doubted herself and her own leadership.

"You're a good enough captain, even Vince agrees" to hear that Vincent Kompany, the Man City captain, even approved of her as a captain began to restore a little more of Jordan's confidence. But it was Euro 2016 that set her back again, England lost disastrously to Iceland and were thrown out yet again of the Euros. Raheem hadn't been really welcomed in the locker room thanks to his comments on Jordan and Rooney had said straight to him he wouldn't tolerate any disrespect to Jordan.

Yet, all it would take to heal Jordan's broken heart was to see a certain Spurs Captain/goalkeeper who also had a broken heart...