Rays Little Art Girl Part 9

We pulled into my apartment complex's parking lot. Barbara parked the car and sat there for a moment.

"Do you need me to help you inside? Cause it's no problem if you want me to." I stared at the door for a minute. I just needed to breathe. everything was happening so fast, and I wanted things to go slow for once in my life.

"No, I'll be okay. Thank you for driving me." I opened the door.

"I'll check on you tomorrow." I nodded and made sure I had all of my bags and left the car. I strolled into the building and took the elevator up to the fourth floor. I found my apartment and took a deep breath as I turned the key. The door creaked open and I stuck my head in. The cream colored walls of my kitchen and living room greeted me and I made my way in the door.

"Ray?" I half yelled. No answer. My head started racing again. 'He went back to Tina and they made up, I knew it. I'm alone once again.' I threw my bags the kitchen counter/table and threw myself down on my couch.

I tried to stand up, but I felt dizzy and I fell back on the couch. I tried one more time, but the room started spinning and I ended up back on the couch. 'Well, I guess I'm sleeping here tonight.' I grabbed a pillow and blanket that were next to the couch and set up for the night. The lights were still on, but I fell asleep anyway.

--------------the next morning------------

I woke up to the blinding sunlight coming through the window. I turned over and looked at my phone that somehow had ended up on the floor. I clicked the home button to reveal 3 missed calls. 1 from Sara, my roommate who was in Chicago right now, and 2 from Ray. I picked up my phone after seeing that the time was 9AM and I called Sara.

"Hello?" The cheery voice on the other end made me smile.

"Hey," I began wiping my eyes with my free hand. "What's up?"

"Are you coming to Chicago for Christmas?" I didn't want to because my parents didn't really want to see me cause they didn't like my career path. They wanted me to go into a law or medical field, not an art field.

"No, I wasn't planning on it. I thought we were going to have a second Christmas down here?" Before my friends left for school, we agreed that we would have a second christmas and spend New Years down in Austin.

"I mean, we're still gonna do that but," she paused.

"What?" I couldn't be bothered with this much suspense right now, I was too tired and in too much head pain.

"I have a boyfriend now and he wants to spend New Years with me here." She paused and waited for me to give her an answer.

"Well, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"I want to stay with him."

"Then do that. No one is going to stop you from staying somewhere or going somewhere because it all depends on what you want to do." I lectured. I wanted to help her and have her be as happy as she could be.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh and are you okay? You don't sound too good." I paused. I didn't want to tell her right now because my head was hurting way too much to talk for too much longer.

"It's a long story and I have a massive headache so I'll tell you some other time, just remind me and I will tell you."

"Okay well get better." She sounded like she was smiling really wide because she could spend time with her boyfriend.

"Alright talk to you later bye."

"Bye." I clicked the phone off and laid on the couch for a minute with my eyes closed. I had no strength again and Barbara was gone. I had to call Ray, but I was afraid that he would come back bragging about how he and Tina got back together. I picked up my phone again and dialed his number.

"Julie?" Rays voice echoed through my ears.

"Hey Ray." I smiled and took a deep breath.

"How are you? Are you home? I tried to see you at the hospital last night but they told me you went home and I didn't have time to check on you." I smiled again. He tried to see me.

"I'm home and I need help." By this point, breathing made me want to pass out from exhaustion.

"Oh my god is everything okay?"

"Well, I just woke up about 15 minutes ago and I have no strength. Getting up is literally not an option for me." I heard him chuckle a little bit.

"That's okay," he continued, "I just woke up when you called me, but I CAN get up." I chuckled and realized that my blinks were getting longer and longer.

"Just get over here and help me, and if I'm asleep when you get here just wait until I wake up and make yourself at home until that happens." My arm that was holding my phone felt heavy and I had to move to rest it on my pillow.

"I'm on my way sleeping beauty. Your prince is coming." He hung up and I was too tired to comprehend how cute he was. As soon as I put my phone down, I was out like a light.

------------3 hours later-------------------

I woke up feeling really horrible. My head ache came back so I couldn't fall back asleep. I groaned in pain and I rolled over to push my head into my pillow. Light effects my head a lot when I have a headache and the window was my enemy. I heard the curtains close and all of the lights in my apartment started to slowly turn off. It was pitch black except a small amount of light coming from behind the curtain.

"Thank you." I managed while pulling my head from the pillow. I looked up from the couch to see Ray illuminated by his cell phone. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I took long breaths. Only people who get terrible headaches will understand how amazing it feels for your headache to stop. I saw Ray turn off his phone and walk to the kitchen.

"Are you hungry? I mean, you haven't eaten in two days. Maybe it will help you." I hadn't even thought of eating, but I loved eating so I just shook it off as the memory loss part of the process.

"Yea, I would love to eat. Can you help me sit up?" I tried raising myself up on my elbows only to fall back down.

"No no, stay down. I'll cook and then I'll help you. Just relax until then. What do you want to eat?"

"There should be some soup in the top cabinet." he reached up and found a pan. it wasn't until I could finally smell the food that I realized how hungry I really was. He put the soup in a bowl and brought the bowl over to me. He set it down on the ground and helped me sit up on the couch. He sat next to me and watched me eat the soup. After eating all of it, he took the plate back to the kitchen. I heard a knock at the door.

"Oh that's probably Barbara, she said she would stop by." Ray answered the door and Barbara was on the other side.

"Hey, Ray?" Ray walked out into the hallway with Barbara. I tried to hear what they were saying, but it didn't work.

'Shit,' I thought, 'I really need to go to the bathroom.' My bathroom wasn't far so I decided to try for it. I pushed myself off the couch and managed to stay upright. I took a couple steps and felt really dizzy. I kept going and made it to the bathroom. I pulled myself up when I was done and used the wall as a brace to walk back to the couch. While walking back, I saw Ray and Barbara in the kitchen.

"Hey," Ray started. He put his hand on his neck. "So I called the doctor while you were sleeping and he said that you shouldn't sleep the rest of the day until tonight. They think you might still have a concussion, and if you fall asleep again, you might fall into another coma." They had turned on the light in the kitchen and it didn't really affect my head.

"Okay," I nodded, "so what do they want me to do?"

"Well they want someone to watch you and keep you busy. If it's okay with you, I'll stay here and help you." I nodded.

"Well then, you don't need me to check up on you then. I'll see you later. Happy Hanukkah!" Barbara said as she started to leave.

"Merry Christmas Babs. I'll get you your present later, I promise."

"No problem, just focus on getting better. okay?"

"Deal." She left and tried hard not to slam the door. And it was just me and Ray again.

( Next chapter will be good, promise. It will get a little bit juicy or I will try to make it juicy. Thanks for reading so far!! -thediamondgal)