Ray's Little Art Girl Part 3

Ray plopped himself down the couch in front of the TV. He had quite the habit of making himself at home, even if he had been to my place a dozen times before. I went to the fridge and grabbed two bottles of water. I threw one to Ray. he pretended to fumble the water for a good minute and giggled when he threw his hands up at his victory of finally catching it. I looked for a movie and I found one that I thought would not lose Ray's interest. I put the movie into the DVD player and threw myself onto the couch next to Ray.

"What movie this time?" he asked. His arms were stretched across the back of the couch.

"Shawn of the Dead." I replied. "It has zombies and everything, especially Simon Pegg!" he laughed at my excitement of the movie. his arm that was behind me on the couch was now on my shoulders. Ray had his arm draped over me and I froze up. I took the remote and pressed play on the movie.

"I'm excited for this movie!" Ray mocked my excitement and as he did so, he scooted a little bit towards me and his grip on my shoulder grew tighter. the movie played and I couldn't stop blushing. I was in love with Ray but I could never tell him because it would ruin our friendship. He definitely did not like me back and I was Friend zoned. I couldn't focus on the movie, all I could think about was Ray's hand. the longer it was on my shoulder, the more it assured me that he meant to put it there.

I wanted to escaped to my art room to draw and get my mind off of it, but then a thought came into my mind that stopped all of these thoughts. Ray's girlfriend was coming to visit him soon and live with him. I looked at him. he was into the movie watching zone which I loved to see him in. I was friend zoned and I knew I was never getting out of it. It was a fact that I had accepted. I focused on the movie and it finally finished.

"That was a great movie!" Ray said, now his arm was off my shoulder. His excitement was real this time. I laughed. "I can't believe I've never seen that before. New favorite movie! 10/10 would watch again!" I laughed again. he looked at his watch. "I'm gonna get going. we do this again next week as usual?"

"Of course!" I said. "Do you want a ride home?" I asked.

"Nah, I'll just walk, it's not that far. bye!"

"Goodbye." I answered. I slumped back into the couch when the door closed. ugh. How long would I have to be tortured by that man before he realizes that I love him? Probably forever.