Chapter 14

WARNING: Adult content

here ya go @sparxx27, thanks for the love!

__________________________________________________________________________

It was 1:45 p.m. when Rook heard some noise from the front door. He had decided not to scare her too bad. From what Lily had told him, she as having a rough day. He was seated at the top of the stairs. He heard her muttering under her breath as she walked in. She was carrying a bunch of bags that she set down in her dining room area.

 He was almost as taken by surprise as she was when she came around the corner quickly. She stood at the foot of the stairs and jumped in surprise that someone was sitting at the top of the stairs. Rook and Kim stared at each other for what felt like minutes as she composed herself. Rook looked down at her and held his arms out and made a "come here" motion. She burst into tears and ran up the stairs. She nearly knocked him over as she flew into his arms straddling him right there on the top step. "Hi baby," he whispered in her ear as he comforted her. Kim couldn't get words out. Knowing she was safe with him and didn't need to be strong for the outside world here in his arms she took the opportunity to really cry. The tears were a result of a shitty day, 3 very long weeks away from this man, the joy of finally seeing him again, and a little built of guilt for being bothered with him that he declined her idea of visiting him. She appreciated him letting her fall apart. She breathed him in as he held her and told her everything was going to be okay.

 A few minutes had gone by and she rehearsed the words in her head hoping she could get the words out without her voice cracking. "How are you even here?," she asked wiping her tears and composing herself. He brushed her hair out of her face, but still held her in his lap. "Lily helped. I called her up and said I wanted to surprise you. She picked me up at Hobby airport while you dropped off Gabe. She let me in so I could meet you here," he explained. He couldn't help but smile as he saw her reactions as she realized how everything made sense now. " I love her! And thaaaaaats why she blew me off for lunch," she said smacking her forehead. "And when you told me you wanted to come visit me in L.A. I had to lie because I already had my ticket here," he kissed her. "That makes sense. Sorry I was moody that night," she cringed. "Don't be. I'm all yours for the next 3 days," he said. She squeezed him again, happy to have him all to herself. _______________________________________________________________________________They had agreed on a quiet afternoon in. They ordered in pizza and enjoyed each others company. He caught her up on all the little things she missed the past 3 weeks. She caught him up on her current situation.

 "Well.....I'm definitely not making excuses for him, but this shit is real stressful. You're constantly being pressured by the record label and higher ups. Shit gets crazy," he shrugged. "Yeah, and I get that. It just sucks because Gabe and I have always been real close We are family before anything else and it's just frustrating to be in this weird place with him," she said. "Promise me you'll talk to him about it if he's not better once's he's back," he said taking ahold of her chin. "I will," she reassured him.

 They cuddled up in her homey living room with the lights off, blinds drawn, and candles on. A Harry Potter marathon is what Kim requested, and he happily obliged. Rook's phone had gone off a few times. Kim was shocked when he turned it off and tossed it on the coffee table. She snuggled up to him a little closer silently thanking him for making her a priority.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 Rook held her hand as he drove down the Houston highways. He convinced her to get dressed up and go out for dinner with the promise that they could go to her favorite place- Nobu. She looked over at him and bit her lip. He looked so sexy driving her Jeep. "Stop undressing me with your eyes," he smirked glancing over at her. "Oh shush," she giggled. "I can feel you staring at me" he raised an eyebrow while switching lanes. "Well I can't help it. You look so yummy," she leaned over at kissed his neck nice and slow. She sucked ever so lightly, smirking when she noticed him tighten his grip on the steering wheel. "Baby...stop or I'll have to pull over," he felt his pants getting tighter. "Oh yeah?," she teased reaching down to his crotch. "Don't start something you can't finish. We won't make it to dinner," he said with the most serious expression...sexual tension oozing from him. "Mmmmm never mind then. I'm hungry," she teased back and sat back in her seat. He loved that she could take what he dished out, and hell, she even dished it right back. He wasn't fully teasing her though. If she continued, he'd have to pull the car over and fuck her right on the side of the highway. The three weeks away from her were looooong for him.