Leah's POV:
Jord and I have decided that we'll not tell the girls, because Jordan is being scared of getting benched. I think our plan of not letting them know has gotten a bit out of hand, because now we don't even sit together on the bus anymore. But I think that our actions have only caused confusion in the group as we've gotten some weird stares every time we were apart. On this long bus journey I do miss Jords company. We usually have lots of fun, singing to songs and just chatting. While I was talking to Manu about the opponent, Beth suddenly comes up to me and gives me a weird look.
"Can I talk to you for a sec, Leah?" She asks, pointing her head to some empty seats in the back.
"Well, I was kind of in the middle of a conversation with Manu...." I say.
"It's alright Lee, we'll catch up later." Manu say.
I don't want to talk to Beth, I know that she'll ask about the whole Jordan and I situation.
We walk to the empty seats in the back and sit down.
"Wassup?" I ask Beth, a little annoyed.
"Well, I've been noticing that you and Jord have been a little distant towards each other and I just wanted to check if everything is alright." She asks, with a concerned undertone.
"Nope, everything's fine." I say, trying to already walk away again.
"So no fights, no weird feelings?" She asks, making me come back.
"Look, I've said that I'm fine and I'm pretty sure that Jordan is too, so just let us be." I say, really annoyed by Beth's behaviour.
"I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure that you're alright." She says, making me feel guilty about my little tantrum.
"Look Beth, it's complicated. Let us just first figure it out on our own and then we'll talk again. That sound alright?" I explain.
She nods and we walk back to our seats, preparing for the remaining 1.5 hours of the bus drive.

Arrived at Manchester, 45 min before kick off.
(Still Leah's POV)
We have finally arrived at Leigh Sports Village and my legs are really sore. I've never liked having to sit down for a long time, I'd rather play football. We all gather our stuff and walk out of the bus, to the dressing room. We change into our gear, do our regular warm up and then walk back inside for Joe's pep talk. Surprisingly, I don't listen very closely like I always do. I catch myself with my head in a whole another universe, staring at Jordan. I pray that nobody noticed, but before I can check it's already time to get ready to walk out on the pitch for our clash with Manchester United.

Commentator POV (from the actual match):
Two famous names in the history of English football, that this perhaps represents the beginnings of a new rivalry. One with the potential to enrich the women's game even further going forward. (....) So felt even in defeat as a performance that could have build confidence, here's Sigsworth with Ross, waiting in the middle here. Sigsworth... cross is brilliant and that's a good chance where it should have ended better!! (....) Little...just to squeeze it through to Evans when Miedema to aim at in the box. Towards Miedemaaaaa, just kept out..... and again by Earps, brilliant save! (.....) Focus and concentration so important here for Manchester United .. Mead fires one in, goodness me. She came close to embarrassing Earps. (No goal)
Halftime whistle.
Beth's POV:
It's halftime and it's still 0-0, with a couple of chances. We get inside where everybody is a bit frustrated that we're not in front yet. I had a big chance myself too, just touched by the goalkeeper. Joe gives us his pep talk and we get back on the field with great confidence.

Commentator POV:
In towards Jane Ross, great chance to make it 1-0! It still could be! Galton's there.... ooh what an opportunity for United. But Jane Ross couldn't take it. (...) Here's Little, who is a brilliant- and Earps with the save! Little again! And another save and that is put behind! (....) Substitution for Arsenal: Nobbs is off with Daniëlle van de Donk replacing her. (....) McCabe with a pass to Daniëlle van de Donk gets into the box here now. Vivianne Miedemaaaa, oh oh off the post! So close! (....) Williamson. Evans peels wide, van de Donk shows for it and gets it. United hanging on a bit here. Van de Donk with a turn and Kim Littleeee and Daniëlle van de Donkk!! IN!!! FINALLY!! What a finish!!
(.....) And that's the final whistle! Arsenal 1, Manchester United 0.

Daan's POV:
We won!! And I scored!! The game ends and we come together at the dugout. The whole team is very happy and I get congratulated on my goal a lot. But the congratulation from Beth makes me the most happy:
"Hey Daan, you did amazing! Thanks for your goal huh!" She says teasing.
"Your welcome and you did pretty good yourself too!" I compliment her back. She blushes.
After a bit of talking with the team, I walk to the United side to look for my national teammate Jackie. We chat a bit (in Dutch of course) and take a picture together. After a while Joe calls our team back into the dressing room.
"Everybody did good today, good win, enjoy it while it lasts. The bus will leave in about 20 min, so shower and do all that stuff and I'll see you in the bus." He says before walking out.
We all change out of our sweaty game gear and into our tracksuits. We walk to the bus for another 3,5 hour drive back to London. Surprisingly, Leah and Jordan join us at the table instead of the weird seating at the outward bus drive. I think they didn't notice until we asked them about it, but they shrugged. Of course Beth is chatting her head off and singing, but tonight it doesn't bother me. It's kinds cute actually. I fall asleep halfway and when I wake up, we're al already back in London. We all say goodbye and goodnight to the others. Sadly, Beth doesn't live in the same apartment as me so I also have to say goodbye to her.
"Goodnight Beff, see ya tomorrow." I say with a sleepy head.
"Bye, sleep tight." She says with her nice smile. I chuckle.
"What?" She asks.
"Nothing, just thinking about the Dutch literal translation of 'sleep tight'." I say.
"Too bad I don't know any Dutch." She shrugs.
"Maybe one day I'll teach you."
"I'll keep you to that promise." She laughs.
"Ey Daan, ya coming or what?" Lisa yells from the car.
"This is a lot like the day at the beach, doesn't it?" She says.
I laugh and wave to her. "Tot morgen! {See you tomorrow!}"
She chuckles and walks away.

Oh my god I am so so so so so so so so so sorry that it took me this long to update!! Man, it's been like 50 years 😂. Well I'm back now, but I don't know when I'll update again. Here's an extra long chapter to make up with the wait 😂. Please tell me what you want to read in the next chapter, it helps me a lot!! See you soon (I hope 😬😂)! (Oh yeah and thanks for reading! ❤️)