The future of us

Leah's POV:
Training that afternoon was very tense. Jordan didn't speak to me, nor look at me, which made it even harder. When we got home, we all immediately went to sleep. I was really exhausted, fiscally and mentally. After I brushed my teeth and changed into my pjs, I fell down on my bed. Why doesn't Jordan want to talk to me? She's the kind of person who would always talk about her feelings. Did I do something wrong? Well, of course I did, I kissed her, but she kissed back! She can't blame me for that. I heard Jordan pacing up and down in her room. My room is adjacent to hers, so I hear almost everything. She keeps on walking and it makes me unable to sleep. I decide that if she will continue like this, we both won't be able to sleep and, trust me, you don't want a sleep deprived Jordan! So I walk over to her room and open her door.
"Jordan if you keep walking like this, we both won't be able to sleep. I know you're struggling, so please let's just talk tomorrow so that both of us can go to sleep now. Please?" I ask her, the last word, oddly enough, very high and begging.
She nods. I go back to my room and step in bed. Luckily Jordan has stopped walking, so I can sleep peacefully now.

The next morning

Jordan's POV:
I wake up later then usual and when I go down stairs, I see that everybody is already awake. Leah made some breakfast for me and Beth, which is really sweet of her. It's delicious.
"So," Beth starts, "I'm off to go see Daan and talk to her."
I completely forgot that she's in a, probably more, difficult situation with her and Daan
"Good luck!" I smile to her.
She walks out, leaving me and Leah alone. There is a small, awkward silence between us for about a minute.
"I'll wash the dishes, cause you made breakfast." I say, trying to break the ice.
"Thanks." She says in return.
I walk to the sink with our plates and wash them. Leah walks to the living room and sits on the couch.
"Hey Jord, how about we talk right now? Since Beth is gone, so nobody will hear us or anything." She says to me from the couch.
"Uhm," I hesitate, "yeah sure. That's fine."
I walk to the living room, seeing Leah all set up and ready for our conversation.

Leah's POV:
I thought that it would be a good idea if Jords and I would talk while Beth was gone, but now that it's time I'm getting really nervous. I am already sitting on the couch when Jords walks to me. I pat on the spot on the couch opposite to where I'm sitting, since I still don't want to make too much contact with her. She sits down across from me.
(I want you to imagine this situation really good, like when Jordan and Leah are sitting in front of each other on the couch (both with their back leaning to the armrest). It really important for the story.)
"Sooooooooooo..........." I try to start the conversation.
"Yeah........." She answers me.
There is a little silence between us.
"Okay Jordan, I'm just going to begin talking and I want you to hear me out really quick. Just don't say anything for a little while, at least not until I'm finished talking. Okay?" I say.
Luckily she nods and pretends to zip her mouth.
"So that night, there was definitely something between us. I know we both don't remember, but I don't kiss people for no reason and I know you don't too. I like you Jordan. Like, like like. I know it's confusing and intimidating, but it's true. I would like to see where this goes. You know, with us, between us. But I understand if you don't want to. You have always put your football career first, so I understand that relationships come 2nd or maybe even 3rd. I just hope you would-"
Jordan stops me from rattling on and softly put her lips on mine. It's like the world freezes and this kiss is taking forever, while Jordan actually pulls away after 3 seconds. I sit there, completely frozen. Jords eyes fill with tears.
"Oh my, Leah, I am so so sorry. I shouldn't have done this!" She mumbles before running out of our apartment door. I have no idea where she's going. I am just sitting on the couch, frozen.

I suddenly hear keys in our door lock. Is Jordan back? I stare at the door, only to see Beth coming in. I must've sat on the couch for a very long time, since Beth told me that she wouldn't be home early. I look Beth straight in the eye.
"Wow Leah, are you okay? What happened? Where's Jord?" She fires questions at me.
I suddenly start to cry. But without sound. Just tears rolling down my face.
"Oh Leah," Beth says. She sits next to me and hugs me, "what's going on?"
"Well, I uhm. I don't know. I don't know what to do any more! Beth it's all so complicated!" I cry.
"Shhhhhhh, it's going to be okay." She comforts me.
We sit like that for a while, Beth just holding me and me just crying. After I ran out of tears, she finally lets go of me.
"Now, please tell me everything. Pour your heart out." Beth smiles at me.
"So I was going to tell Jordan everything. And I did. I told her that I was sure that our kissing that night meant something, that I was sure that there was something going on between us. I also said that it was okay if she wasn't ready for a relationship, that it's okay if she wants to focus on football and not on relationships. And then..........." I end my sentence. I can't say it.
"Then what?" Beth asks curiously.
"Then she kissed me." I say, very soft, hoping that Beth wouldn't hear it
"She did?"
"Yeah........"
"And that's it? Where's Jordan now?" She asks again.
"Then her eyes filled with tears and she said something about that she shouldn't have done it and she ran off. Out of the apartment. I have no idea where she is now." I say, feeling guilty for not knowing where Jordan is.
"I think I have an idea where she is." Beth says. She stands up and gets her phone.
"Oh yeah, before I forget, how was the date with Daan?" I ask her quickly, trying to be a good friend.
"Not too well...... I'll tell you about it later, but right now we have to find Jordan." She says, a bit sad.
She dials a number.
"Hiya, is Jordan there?"
(...)
"Okay great."
(......)
"Yeah that's okay. I'll tell Leah."
(.)
"Okay, thanks."
(..)
"See ya."
She hangs up.
"I found Jordan, but she asked if I wouldn't tell you where she is. She'll be back in about an hour. I suggest you take a quick nap, you look really tired." She says.
I nod, I do feel really tired. I go to my room, fall on my bed and immediately fall asleep.

When I wake up, I immediately go downstairs hoping that Jordan is there. She isn't. Yet.
"Hey sleeping beauty." Beth laughs.
"Jordan here yet?" I quickly ask.
"No, but she can be here any minute. Do you know what you're going to say to her?" She asks.
"I actually do. Naps are magical things." I say, smiling. I know exactly what I'm going to say, what I'm going to do.
"The person who she was with just texted me: she can be here any minute." My nerves suddenly got really high after Beth said that.
After 2 minutes of waiting, I hear keys in the door lock. Jordan comes in, looking a bit scared.
"I'll be in my room." Beth says, leaving us alone.
"Hey. I'm sorry." Jordan says.
I walk up to her and grab her chin. We stare into each other's eyes for a second, before I put my lips on hers. We kiss.
After a while, Jordan pulls back.
"Well now I'm confused." She says smiling.
"Well at least we can be confused together." I say before pulling in for another kiss.

Thanks for reading this chapter! Sorry that it took this long, I was very busy with school for a long time. School is okay now, so more time for writing. Next chapter is Beth and Daan's date at the coffee shop, talking and stuff. Please leave any suggestions behind!!! See ya!! ❤️❤️