Chapter 9: Cheating

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ----------------

---------------- ----------------

"Apologies don't mean anything if you keep doing what you're sorry for."

---------------- ----------------

*Harry's P.O.V*

"What?!" the only word I can speak. Shocked to the point that I can't believe this beautiful fit girl in the picture was once a fat helpless girl that I used to bully.

"Are you sure she's Jade? Popularly known as the 'fatty Jade'?" I asked once again. Barely believing the huge change she put on her body.

He nods, "Yup! Huge change isn't it?" he teasingly nudges me by the elbow with a smirk plastered on his face.

"She looks like the girl who stopped me from fighting the gang," I thought deeply to remember her features during that fight.

Jay gasped, "What fight?" he repeatedly exchanges glances from the road to me. I didn't realize I said that out loud.

I disregarded his question as I furrow my eyebrows and involuntarily lift my fingers on my chin to recall everything. Until it came crushing in my mind that this girl in the image is the same girl who stopped me from getting a bruised face.

"It's genuinely her," I breathed out with my eyes completely open while Jay stares at me with confusion written all over his face. Jade's facial features are shockingly beautiful while her body is surprisingly fit – it's an absolutely huge change. I didn't expect her to have this drastic change.

"Don't tell me you're having a crush on her just because she lost some weight. Dude, don't forget, you tormented her and humiliated her in front of many people. Don't expect her to forget everything you horribly did to her... or even forgive." Jay shrugs. He has a point, but I don't have a crush on her. It's just a good shock for me as her bully. 

"That explains why she ran away after realizing who I was." I chuckled nervously before lowering my eyes down on her zoomed-in picture.

"Where is she going to study?" I suddenly asked out of curiosity.

"Why? If you're planning on bullying her then I won't tell you," Jay shook his head in disbelief. 

"No....it's not that....it's just....you know what, forget it," I briefly dismissed the topic since I felt heat running through my cheeks.

Jay chuckles silently, "Just kidding, she's going to study on the same school as us," he snickered, knowing it would totally affect me – which it actually did.