55| All About Change

ابدأ من البداية

Bradley feared reflecting on her life a lot simply because she didn't want to dwell on what use to be. Her past came with a lot of darkness that she didn't want to taint her present and future with. "I believed in you," Genovah stayed.

Bradley's face screwed up. "Hard to believe. You terrorized me up until I left,"

Mimi pursed her lips as she shifted her eyes between both of her granddaughters. Genovah let out a sigh. Bradley always expresses how she felt so she should have expected how outward her sister would be. "I was young, I lost my mother," Genovah shrugged.

"I was young too—younger than you actually, and quite honestly I feel like I should be using that as my excuse far more than you should. I lost her by being alive. At least you got to meet her," Bradley shrugged her shoulders, expressing her truth to her sister.

Genovah nodded. Usually she would manage to find a way to rebut her sister's statements and feelings, but Mimi gave her a long lecture about actually listening to Bradley instead of arguing with her. "Well I'm sorry," Genovah apologized.

Bradley sighed letting a dry chuck exude out of her. "Don't sound so passive about it. Even you know that wasn't sincere," She pointed out.

"This is what I'm talking about," Genovah let out a huff of frustration while looking at her grandmother.

Bradley smacked her lips. She didn't expect the conversation to go left so soon. Genovah attained a crude trait from Devon which happened to be her swiftness in getting frustrated. If she felt like she wasn't gonna get the upper hand in the argument, she quickly disconnected. Bradley hated that about her. Genovah always managed to end every argument in her favor, no matter what it was. "What were you talking about?"

"How impossible you are to please. Bradley it's been almost ten years. I'm trying to let bygones be bygones but you're making it very hard," Genovah let out another huff of frustration, this time coming her fingers through her hair.

Again, Bradley twisted up her face. See, this was a prime example of Genovah trying to end the discussion off in her favor. Bradley was always to blame and some how Genovah always ended up victimized. "Bygones be bygones? Girl you're acting like I hurt you? Clearly you have things mixed up,"

"I get it, you were hurt, but can we move in from that already?" Genovah let out a dressing sigh

"People can't move on without talking things out," Bradley reminded.

Genovah let out another sigh. "So what do you wanna talk about Brad?" She shrugged her shoulders leaving the conversation in the hands of Bradley.

With a sufficed smile, Bradley adjusted her posture, folding her legs Indian style. A chance to speak her frustrations was all she wanted. "Growing up, you've openly admitted that you hated me on multiple occasions, and you also treated me like you were superior. It's like you knew that I was the sore thumb of the family and you basked in that. I get it you were young, but that doesn't excuse the way you treated me when you were well aware from right from wrong. The stuff you said and did to me still bothers me to this day, however I really can't find it within me to blame you solely. You father was pretty horrible to me as well and you just picked up on it," Bradley shrugged.

"Bradley you have to realize that I was grieving. I lost my mother just like you did. I lashed out on you because at the time, I blamed you for her loss. I went from a two parent household to now just having to deal with dad—" Bradley interjected Genovah.