Chapter 4 | The Brides

Start from the beginning

Like Imperia had mentioned, Miss Waters was surprised when the door suddenly opens.

"I wasn't planning on ditching my mission, I swear." Imperia only smile.

"Swearing is a big responsibility. If what your words are different than what your heart wants to say, punishment will be waiting for you in the afterlife. I'm sure that concept stills linger in your society even today." Miss Waters gulp down the lumps in her throat before showing a file she manage to find from the national museum archives.

"I manage to find something that might be connected with the stories you told me. Of course, what this archaeologist stated in his note wasn't exactly match the story, but he described the same underground tunnel that you mentioned." Miss Waters spread the sheets of papers on the table for everyone to see.

"There was an underground city beneath the modern Cairo. And there was proof that it might be used by illegal traders for trading illegal goods all over Egypt for centuries. He even described how it was once a place for men to seek pleasures with a good price to add." Imperia read through the report while the humans examine the drawings that were included.

"Your kind had tainted the holy ground that belongs to Imperia for centuries?" Hotep was not happy. Imperia raised her hand to stop Hotep from doing something that might ruin her plan.

"Is there any way that might bring us to this underground tunnel?" Miss Waters was not sure.

"There might. Most of the entrances either boarded up or sealed shut by the government when they took over the place. It's to make sure it wasn't used for illegal purposes or terrorists attack." Imperia sigh.

"Why are we planning to go into a dark tunnel again?" Daphne asked with a heavy heart.

"Why, you asked? So that my soldiers will be able to do my bidding again," The humans seem to be confused.

"This underground tunnel is where I kept all of Imperia's elite soldiers after she was buried alive. They somehow find themselves in my territory. But before the priest decided to bury me using the same method as Grisha had done to Keres, I managed to store the brides in one of the many secret tunnels around my land. I hope that you kind didn't manage to find them while they were using my secret passage." Hotep explained.

"Why did you call them brides?" Caleb asked with curiosity.

"It is because they're devoted followers of Imperia. Thus, we called them as the vampire brides," with that said, the humans plan to find the entrance because they just have to see what precisely the vampires referring to.

***

"Stay here while we went inside. If you're in trouble, just call for one of our names and we will hear you." Miss Kingston nods her head before the vampires gets off the car and went to the only entrance that's available for them to use.

"So, the only way to enter your own tunnel was to get through a night club? And somehow that 'Daphne' girl manages to call the owner and let us use the entrance freely? Can someone tell me who exactly that human is?" Keres asked as she followed both Imperia and Hotep inside.

"I don't know but as soon as we manage to find the brides, we will establish power. I want everyone from our lifetime to know that we exist." Imperia was about to enter a forbidden room when a man grabbed her by the collar and forcefully pulled her away from entering the room.

"Keep your hands off of the queen, human or you shall perish," Keres warned the man who subconsciously touching Imperia without permission.

"You are not permitted to enter this room without authorised personnel with you. Unless you're the owner of this establishment, leave before I fore you out from this club!" The man crosses his hands on his chest and glares at the vampires.