Snowball fights and pesghetti, oh my!

Start from the beginning

"And you want it with Luke?" Ariana asked as she took Dianna's hands in her own.

"So help me god, but I do," Dianna replied, letting out a slight chuckle. "I love him so much and I think that he'd be a great husband and father..."

"I feel a but coming on," Ariana stated.

"But it's been two years and I'm not getting any younger and he certainly isn't," Dianna sighed in frustration. "I just feel like if he doesn't propose soon that its never going to happen and I'm not so sure that I'll be able to wait any longer."

"Oh Di," Ariana pulled her friend into a hug. "It'll happen, I can see how much he loves you, and he'd be so lost without you. This is the happiest I've seen him in forever," of course she had to lie; this was the first time that she'd seen them together as a couple in years. But she had to admit, they both seemed really happy and she would kill Luke if he hurt her best friend - even if he was her brother in law. "And if he doesn't make an honest woman out of you, I'll kill him."

"Really you mean it?" Dianna laughed.

"I know people," Ariana tried to keep a straight face but couldn't as her giggles took hold of her. "But seriously, I would hate to see either of you screw this up, this is a good thing and I just want my best friends to be happy."

Dianna nodded, "Thanks. I just see you and Jai and the girls," Dianna smiled and placed her hand on Ariana's bulging tummy, "And this little guy and I'm just so envious sometimes."

Ariana nodded, she knew where Dianna was coming from. She was envious of her 'life' too, it was so close to perfect and she wasn't sure how long she would be here. She pushed the thoughts about leaving out of her mind, no need to get upset when they had been having a good time. "Dianna, trust me it's going to happen soon."

Dianna's eyes nearly doubled in size. "Soon? Do you know something?"

Ariana giggled, "No, I mean I don't know anything, I just have a feeling. Sorry to get your hopes up."

Dianna shrugged, "No problem. But from here on out, its shit or get off the pot."

"Cute," Ariana laughed, Dianna always got right to the point.

Ariana and Dianna had moved their little conversation to the kitchen a little while ago so that they could get started on lunch. Ariana was always ready for the next meal and made sure they came pretty often. They were in the midst of talking about the benefits of French manicures when the troops stumbled into the kitchen, fresh from taking off their winter clothes.

"Mommy," Kenzie made a beeline for Ariana.

"Look at you," Ariana smiled at her daughter's rosy red cheeks and nose. "You're kind of wet there sweetheart."

"Me too, Mommy, my socks are soaking," Caitlin laughed, "But it was worth it, I got Uncle Luke sooo good."

"Way to go!" Dianna high fived Caitlin.

"Yeah, yeah, expect a rematch later," Luke said as he shivered, his jeans were soaked. "I smell food, what do we have going on here?" his eyes searched the stove.

"Spaghetti," Dianna replied.

"Spaghetti?" Luke questioned. "Where's the roasted duck and risotto?" he laughed.

"He thinks he's all Hollywood, don't fall for it," Dianna said as she wrapped an arm around his waist. "Wow, you really are all wet," she pulled back only to have him grab her and pull him to her. "Eww stop!"

"Sorry folks but at Casa Brooks, we are not all Hollywood especially with two of the world's pickiest eaters," Jai replied as he winked at the girls.