"Presenting for the very first time, Mr. and Mrs. Steve Rogers."

The elevators open to reveal a room full of my closest friends. There are two long tables and space cleared away for dancing, and the entire room is lit by twinkle lights. Natasha really outdid herself with the decorating.

"Hi!" I yell over the clapping and wolf-whistling I suspect is Pietro. Everyone rushes to greet us, and I get pulled into hug after hug after hug. The guys slap Steve on the back and give me kisses on the cheek, with Steve warning them to take it easy.

There's dinner first, so I sit at the end of one table in between Steve and Wanda. The caterers bring out dinner as she leans over.

"I'm so happy for you," she whispers. I smile in response.

Sam stands up and everyone quiets down. I'm curious as to what he has to say. Someone hands him a flute of champagne as he clears his throat.

"I've known Steve and America for about eight months now. For those of you who don't know, I met them around six in the morning in Washington after a run. What that struck me right away was how dedicated they both were, and how much trust they shared. We got into a lot of messes in the months that followed, but that trust never changed. If anything, it grew. I saw a lot of things. I saw America learn who she was. I saw Steve put her before himself, and I saw her do the same. I saw America nearly die, and I saw Steve stay by her side night and day, only leaving when someone forced him to.

"After America got better and everything went back to normal, or as normal as we could get, Steve and I went out for a guys night. We were at a bar, not drinking or anything, just hanging out. I could tell he was distracted, so I asked him what was on his mind. And he looked up at me and out of nowhere just said, 'I'm going to marry her.' I wasn't that surprised, but I asked him a little more about it, and he said he bought the ring when she was still under. He was just waiting for the right time.

"Point made, these two deserve tonight more than maybe anyone else I know. While I actually think this is the longest time I've spent with America without her getting shot, I know their adventures are far from over. I'd like to toast to Steve and America Rogers, my best friends." He raises his glass, and everyone else follows. I wipe a few tears off from under my eyes as I drink.

"You really did wait a while to ask, huh?" I whisper to Steve, who nods.

"Sorry."

"Don't be. We made it here in the end, didn't we?" I kiss him lightly.

After dinner, Steve smiles and holds out a hand. "You ready to dance?" I take his hand and he leads me out onto the dance floor. Here it is. Our official first dance as husband and wife. I've been so crazy nervous about this that I've been making Pietro practice with me. But as soon as Steve puts his hand on my waist and I put mine on his shoulder, all of my fears dissipate.

Steve and I sway back and forth to Jason Mraz's 'Lucky,' and I laugh as he dips me. Both of us are grinning wildly as the song continues, the one we felt sums us up like no other.

"Lucky I'm in love with my best friend, lucky to have been where I have been, lucky to be coming home again."

He spins me, and I kiss him on the nose as I come back around.