Chapter 22

AMERICA'S POV

AMERICA'S POV

"Any fours?"

"Go fish." I sigh and take a new card from the pile. I thought Go Fish was supposed to be a game of chance, but I might just be really bad at it. "Your turn."

"Okay, um... any sixes?" Groaning, I hand two over to a triumphant Steve, who creates another set. He's beating me and it's not even close. 

"How are you so good at this?" I ask, exasperated. 

"You just have to concentrate. See, right now, when you have your hands like that, I can see your entire deck." My hands whip up to hide my cards, and he laughs. 

I shrug as I sort my cards. "Guess I'm just a little distracted with tomorrow." 

Steve senses my nerves and reaches a hand out to me. "It's going to be perfect no matter what happens, doll. It's us, right? Everyone already knows we love each other. Tomorrow just puts it on a piece of paper." I've been freaking out about everything that could go wrong for the last week, and I probably wasn't great company through all that. Someone knocks softly on the door. "You stay, I'll get it."

When he opens the door, I hear muffled voices and Steve steps out into the hallway. Next thing I know, there's a muffled "hey!" and a thundering of multiple footsteps. I run over to the door and open it, but he's gone. The only thing in the hallway is a little piece of paper on the floor, which I bend down to read.

Don't worry, we'll have your senior citizen back in time for tomorrow. Probably.

-You Know Who I Am, The Best Man, The Flash, and Clint

Everyone signed their own 'name.' Rolling my eyes, I take the paper and head back into my room to clean up the cards. Since the girls are taking me out tonight, I should have suspected the guys would do something for Steve. And Clint flew in this afternoon, so the gang is all here. 

The clock reads five-thirty, which means I have about a half an hour until we leave. Where, I'm not exactly sure, but I'm supposed to look cute. That's the only warning I got. At least I got a warning. I can only imagine what the guys are doing tonight. 

Poor Steve.

Skimming through my closet, I pull out a black fitted turtleneck, jean skirt, and knee-high black suede boots. My hair gets pulled into a high curly ponytail and I apply makeup slightly darker than usual. It is my bachelorette party, after all. Time to have some fun on my last single night.