Love Scenes/ Romance

Remember... if you need help with your book or want us to write a specific chapter for this book to aid your writing... leave us a comment or PM us whenever and we will do the best we can to help. Thank you.

Most love scenes start out with out with a look of innocence, a look of fear, or passion, or even sadness.

For example... If the relationship is aggravating, and they don't like each other at the start, it will just increase the attention of the readers if you add little hints of what the person is feeling. Not too much however, you don't want to give it away... Or do you?

You need to have a link as I like to call it. Something to make the reader feel a sense of originality and longing for more. Take 'The Fault in our Stars' for example. This story has plenty of linking sentences, like 'Okay, I'm on a dollar coaster that only goes up, and An Imperial Affliction.' As you probably know... The book is incredibly successful and a great source of inspiration.

To make it dramatic, have one character tell the other person a secret they never thought they'd find themselves saying. To make it even more dramatic, you can start it with a fight; they are mad at each other over something they can't help, and that's when the truth comes out. Then they find themselves closer, and it could end with a kiss, or them just feeling like they no longer can't stand each other.

If the relationship is between old friends, make it clumsy and awkward because they're used to be 'just friends'. If you don't want to make it clumsy, make it the opposite. They know each other so well they fit together like puzzle pieces. It depends on the characters... but even more so on the writer.

If they are in fact close already... or old friends, most of the time it's best to include a memory; A fun time from the past, or a rough time they helped each other through. When that memory gets brought up, that's when they might just continue their 'relationship' from there as if nothing has changed, and yet everything has at the same time.

Uncertainty is key. The girl's POV may be uncertain, wondering if he likes her... and same goes for the guys POV. It should be the opposing POV that calls the other girlfriend or boyfriend publicly first. This lets the readers know how the opposite POV is reacting. Switch the POV's and go back in time to when the person said girlfriend or boyfriend and let the readers see what they were thinking at the time as well.

Most love scenes end with a kiss, sudden realization of the feelings they have, or even just them having a 'live-in-the-moment' type of thing. You can have a hopeless romance thing, sunset on the beach and a tender kiss, or hardcore type. Explosion in the background, sweat and dirt tingling on their lips. Really... It depends on the readers, characters and most importantly... the writer.