t w e n t y

"That's horrid," Harry gagged, regretting his decision to stay and hear her answer. "I can't believe you just told us that."

"Thank Merlin she did," George laughed. "How was it? Was it slimey?"

"Scaly?" Fred added.

"Voldemort was actually quite attractive at our age," Ginny defended. "I'm sure she wouldn't have needed the help of a love potion to snog him if she didn't know who he'd become."

"Right, you met his younger self when he enslaved you, and then tried to kill you. I'm sure it was very romantic," Fred said to Ginny before turning to Alexandra. "I can't believe you'd snog a cold blooded killer, but not me."

One night at the Burrow, Alexandra and the twins were playing Truth or Dare when Fred asked if she would snog either of the twins, and she said no. In Alexandra's defense, the Weasley lot were like brothers and a sister to her after living with them for all these years. Plus, she didn't want to break the news that she thought one twin was more attractive than the other.

"How do you feel knowing you can love?" Ginny asked. "Is there a certain someone you suddenly realized your true feelings for? Preferably someone I'm not related to?"

"You read too many of mum's romance novels," Ron groaned, wanting this conversation to end quickly.

"First you find out the girl you fancy can't love, and when you realize she can, you find out she snogged You-Know-Who. Poor lad," George laughed, patting his brother on the back. Fred rolled his eyes, looking to make sure Alexandra hadn't heard him.

On the other hand, Alexandra didn't want to look at Fred. Her heart broke every time she did. All she could think about was the image of his lifeless body forever burned into the back of her mind.

Suddenly, Alexandra excused herself from the conversation and left the room. Everybody looked at each other, staying silent for a short moment before someone finally spoke up.

"It must be a burden knowing the future and not being able to talk about it," Neville said, speaking for the first time.

"Dumbledore sent her on a suicide mission," Fred said angrily. "She's lucky she survived."

"It was her decision, too," Ron defended, not wanting to put all the blame on the old man despite his current anger towards him.

"She made the decision when she thought she had a purpose, and that she would be able to come home to a safer world," Fred continued. He still didn't understand the purpose of her task, and he didn't think he ever would.

Meanwhile, Alexandra found herself roaming the empty halls. She didn't realize how late it was until she saw the black skies through the windows surrounding her.

Draco, on his prefect duties, noticed her roaming aimlessly. At first, he almost mistook her for the Lovegood girl.

"Are you going to run away again?" He asked when she finally noticed him.

"Do I have a reason to?"

He noticed she had changed out of the Slytherin robes she had previously been wearing. He began to think that if she had been placed in his house, her life would have been much different. She may have very well been in the same situation he's in now. Maybe, he thought, being sorted into Gryffindor is best thing that could have happened to her.

"Why did you run earlier? When you saw me outside of Dumbledore's office?" He asked, crossing his arms. She mimicked him, crossing hers as well.

"Why were you outside of Dumbledore's office?"

"You were wearing Slytherin robes," he pointed out.

"So were you."

"Would you stop that?" He asked, becoming frustrated.

"Stop what?"

"Questioning me. I just want to know if you're alright, that's all. You looked quite afraid."

"I'm alright, thank you," she told him. She wanted to talk to him, tell him everything, but she knew she couldn't. At least not now. "Are you going to deduct house points, or may I leave?"

"Go," he told her, knowing he wasn't going to get anymore information out of her. He was still concerned, though, and decided he would get information another way. "Don't wander off so late at night."

"Sure thing, Mr. Prefect," she smiled, nodding farewell before turning on her heel and walking back towards her common room. As soon as she turned the corner, her smile faded and she was filled with fear once again.