t h i r t e e n

"Bloody rose thorns," Tom mumbled to himself. If Alexandra admired anything about Tom, it's how passionate he is about his work. "I have tasked one of my men with giving us the antidote exactly two weeks from now. Once we return to our normal states, I will provide the time turner and send you back to your time where you will await my command. Do you understand?"

"Yes," Alexandra nodded, staring at the potion as it bubbled in the cauldron.

"It is very important that we stick to this timeline, otherwise you will begin to cease from your time. I know spending the rest of your life with me sounds very appealing, but we both want you out of here as quickly as possible."

"What about my friends?" Alexandra worried, wondering why she hadn't taken them into consideration before. "Will they remember me?"

"If we stick to the timeline, their memories will remain and they will welcome you home with open arms."

"I don't understand why you need me. You're the most powerful wizard in the world. Why not do it yourself?" Alexandra asked, hoping to delay his plans.

"Because, my love, that'll be too simple," Tom smirked, thinking about his future. "The most powerful wizard in the world. The idea is arousing, isn't it? Maybe we don't need this potion after all."

Pouring the potion into two goblets, he placed them on the table. He took one and handed it to Alexandra, while she took the other and handed it to him. They were both skeptical for a moment, but the potion still found its way down their throats.

Tom, thinking the potion hadn't worked, felt little difference. Alexandra felt nothing, but she wasn't going to admit that to him. She was going to act as if her life depended on it. At this point, it probably did.

"Tell me more about wanting to be the most powerful wizard in the world, Tom," she encouraged, taking a step closer to him. He stood firmly in his spot.

"I will go by the name Lord Voldemort. Witches and wizards around the world will cower at the name," he told her. She took another step closer to him. "I will rid the world of all who have betrayed it."

"Your passion. It's my favorite thing about you," she admitted, taking another step forward. The small distance left between them almost mocked Tom. "And what will I call you then? My Lord?"

Tom cleared his throat, confused as to what exactly he felt when those words left her mouth.

"Don't be afraid," she stated, noticing his reluctance. "Take a breath."

Tom did exactly that, taking a deep breath as he fought off what he assumed was the potion. In reality, he was only fighting with himself.

"I can tell you're curious," Alexandra continued. "All your questions could be answered if you just-"

He interrupted her, kissing her quickly. He pulled away, and she smirked.

Tom smirked as well, pulling Alexandra by the waist and kissing her again with a thirst he never knew he could experience. All knowledge of taking the love potion left his memory as embraced the woman he was undeniably in love with.

When he touched her, he felt the familiar burning sensation. Only this time, he couldn't get enough of the feeling. He craved it, and he wanted more.

"What are you doing to me?" He asked breathlessly. She shrugged.

"Nothing, My Lord," she smirked.

"Shit," he stated, pulling her into him again. The moment was short lived, however, when Professor Slughorn entered the classroom. Knowing to avoid him, Alexandra kept her back to the door and her face hidden in Tom's chest.

"Tom," Slughorn said joyfully. "Good to see you. And you are?" He asked the girl. Tom noticed she was reluctant to answer, and answered for her.

"It seems she's a little shy," Tom chuckled. "I was showing her around your classroom. Turns out she's quite brilliant in potions."

"Well, Miss..." the professor hesitated, having a name in mind but not wanting to be incorrect. "Perhaps I'll meet you soon."

"Perhaps," Tom stated, skillfully hiding the goblets behind his back so Slughorn wouldn't notice them. "We should get going, then. Lots of studying to do."

Tom put his arm around the girl, ensuring his forearm covered most of her face as he guided her out of the classroom. Slughorn watched them skeptically, suddenly focusing his attention a specific smell coming from a nearby station. If it weren't for the smell, the professor would never have noticed the single droplet of potion resting at the bottom of a cauldron.

"Oh, dear," he sighed, knowing exactly what he was looking at. Who gave it to whom, however, he did not know.

"You know him," Tom stated when they were in the clear. He kept his arm around her as they continued walking through the castle, turning a number of students' heads on their journey. "That's why you're not enrolled in his class."

"He's still quite daft fifty years from now," Alexandra joked. "Where exactly are we going?"

"Somewhere a little more private, my love."