■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■ ■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Anne and Arabelle soon departed from one another to find their families amongst the crowds, though it was certain it would not be long before they were back at each other's side like glue. Arabelle had previously seen her Father by the King's side and wondered how his status had change in the last seven years, to be by the King's side, surely a massive privilege. 

"My you've grown." A recognisable voice calls from behind her, making her stop in her tracks.

"Papa?" She calls, turning around with a large grin, running to him.

"What a beauty you've become!" Henry Stafford beams with pride, embracing her. His daughter, his only child, was now grown. "I see that France has had its charms on you." A smirk forms on his mouth, looking at the french style dress she was wearing.

"And I see that you are in the King's favours?" She questions, brows raised strongly. "I suppose a lot has change since I was just a little girl."

"You are still a little girl, Arabelle. My little girl." Henry assures her. "And yes, King Henry has just recently anointed me as a member of the Privy Council." His voice and face presented a proud man.

"I am so happy for you Papa." She grins widely, hugging him once more.

"Brother. Niece." Edward Stafford appears beside the two, towering over both. His voice was stern, and  his face looked angry but as far back as Arabelle could remember, his face was always representing anger. She wondered why he was always so haughty.

"Uncle Edward." Arabelle releases from her Father and curtsies before her kin. The proper English crusty, not the provocative French one. She knew he would have something to say.

"You look like a Frenchwoman." He states. His eyes scanned over her red and gold embroidered dress, which was made in the French style. A pearl cross buried in her chest due to the low neckline.

"She has been in France for the last seven years Edward." Henry intervenes. "What do you expect?"

"My Father is right, Uncle." Arabelle tries to keep her temper. "I was told that I should make friends with the French and that's exactly what I did." Her chest felt heavy, she didn't want any conflict this early on.

"You are not French." Edward simply states. "You are a Stafford. Act like it. Enough of the false illusion."

"Where is Anna?" Arabelle ignores all that is said before. She didn't want to be lectured. She wanted to know where her cousin was. "All my other cousins are here beside her."

Arabelle noticed Edward's change in stature as he swallowed his tongue. Edward and Henry both made eye contact briefly. She knew something was wrong. "She has brought us Stafford's shame."

"W-What..do..How?" Arabelle couldn't quite get her words together. She looked between her Father and Uncle. They knew something she didn't. She couldn't believe it. What did he mean by shame? Was it really that bad? She knew how serious Edward could be.

"This is all you need to know, Arabelle." Her father reassures her. "Now go and enjoy yourself."

Arabelle nodded, walking away to go find Anne or anyone else she would recognise. She glanced back at her Father and Uncle, still in heavy discussion. She couldn't focus. She wanted to know what was going on. She had spent her whole childhood with Anna. They were best friends and cousins until she was shipped away to France. She wondered if she would've stayed in England then maybe none of this catastrophe would've happened.