Chapter 27.

KUROO: It's too bad you had to leave before new year's...
Y/N: I know, but I have to go home. I miss my family...
KUROO: Yea, yea. I know. I just wish I could come with you, I really want to meet them.
Y/N: Is it just me or are you the most perfect boyfriend on the planet?
KUROO: Well, I don't know about that...

(y/n) chuckled.

KUROO: So what are you going to do when you get home?
Y/N: I'm gonna practice my second favorite sport.
KUROO: Volleyball?
Y/N: No, skiing, dummy.
KUROO: I jus- I thought- Sorry.

He pouted.

Y/N: I'm kidding, I looove yoou.
KUROO: I love you too, and I wish I could ski with you, I haven't skied in years.
Y/N: I'll bring you here someday...
KUROO: Can't wait.

-

(y/n) waited at the gate, killing time by writing into her journal, which her anger management coach had told her to keep, as a way to keep the strong feelings at bay. But she soon took a liking to writing into it, it was a way to have deep conversation without being judged, even though it might seem weird to talk to one's self, she was really able to get all of her feelings out that way.

" I can't wait to ski again. I love it so much; maybe even more than basketball. I might just be saying that because I don't get to ski as much as I play basketball over the year but, I still love the feel of the slopes. The rush I get when I go really fast. That feeling when my skis carve an icy slope without slipping. The strive to perfect my curves. Everything about the sport is so exhilarating. I also can't wait to see mom and Sofia, I hope she's doing well. Finding out about her breast cancer was definitely the scariest moment of my life, I don't know what I'd do if she were to... Well let's not think of that right now. "

*plane F0587 departing from gate A13 is now boarding priority passengers*

(y/n) picked up her bags and made her way to the queue which was forming in front of the gate.
In a few minutes she was on the plane, loading her luggage into the top cupboards and then sitting next to two strangers on the lane seat. She'd specifically booked those tickets to have space to stretch her legs, preparing herself for a long flight. She left at a ridiculous hour in Japan so her landing would be at a reasonable one due to the jet lag.

The flight was smooth and calm, no turbulence and when she landed she found some texts from Kuroo wishing her a safe flight. She smiled and stood up, gathering her luggage to get off the plane. As soon as she stepped off the plane a warm feeling engulfed her body and filled her senses. She didn't really realize she'd been homesick until that very moment.

After picking up her last suitcase from the baggage claim she made her way to the exit. Preparing herself to see her family after almost two years.

-

MOM: Is that her?
SOFIA: No mom, calm down, jesus.
MOM: Is that her?
SOFIA: No mom, she hasn't dyed her hair.
MOM: Wait that's her.
SOFIA: N- Wait, shit, it is her.
MOM: (y/n)!

(y/n)'s head flipped towards the voice calling her and a big smile formed on her lips seeing those two familiar faces.

In a matter of seconds the three of them were all involved in a big, emotional, teary hug.

-

The car ride home was filled by stories of the past time apart.

MOM: So yeah he gave me the money back in the end, I'm still a bit on ice because of the taxes but I'd say you can move out of your boyfriend's parents' house.
Y/N: Oh, uhm, yeah okay.
MOM: Is something wrong?
Y/N: Well, I dunno I just, they're like a second family to me...
MOM: Well I can't let them pay all your bills anymore, they've already done so much, I feel bad.
Y/N: I'll pay my part but I really don't wanna move out...

Her mom chuckled.

MOM: Alright, if you want to stay with them that much. But ask them if they're fine with it first.
Y/N: Okay.
SOFIA: Speaking of your boyfriend, we still know nothing about him.
Y/N: Well, his name is Tetsurou Kuroo and he's a year older than me. He's studying aerospace engineering in Tokyo-
SOFIA: Wait but, don't you live in Tokyo? Why are you guys far away then?
Y/N: Well, his house isn't exactly in the city and the university is really far away from it, it takes quite a while to get from one to the other.
SOFIA: Oh... Well, what's his face like?
Y/N: How am I supposed to describe tha-
MOM: Show us a picture!
SOFIA: Yeah!
Y/N: Okay, okay, calm down.

She stretched her arm so they could see the screen which displayed a picture (y/n) had taken of him during a match. He was all sweaty and had his hands on his hips and his chest slightly puffed out.

Y/N: It's the one where you can see his face best...
SOFIA: HOLY SHIT! HE'S HOT!

She screamed while snatching the phone out of her hand.

MOM: WAIT WAIT I CAN'T SEE HIM WELL, I'M DRIVING!
SOFIA: YOU CAN SEE HIS ABS THROUGH HIS SHIRT!
Y/N: BRUH WHA- STOP! GIVE IT BACK!

She snatched the phone back.

SOFIA: Where'd you find him.
Y/N: A-a gym...?
SOFIA: And you really like this guy?
Y/N: I love this guy...

Her eyes trailed off landing on the mountains outside the window.

MOM: WAIT LOVE?!
Y/N: W-well y-yeah. We've been together for a long time now and I don't think I've ever cared about someone this way...

She scratched the back of her head as the best memories of her and Kuroo appeared into her mind.

SOFIA: Can we talk to him? I wanna meet him.
Y/N: W-well, maybe tonight we could video-chat?
MOM: You sure he's okay with it?
Y/N: Well, yea, he's been bugging me about meeting you guys for months.
SOFIA: What. A. Man.

(A/N: Yeah, me too Sofia)

-

A/N: Heyyy tysm for 1k reads! *sob*. I'm on christmas break rn and I got so much inspiration for this story so get ready cuz I am ready to unleash my creativity.
Btw, I wanted to ask if there were any requests; I thought that maybe someone would want more angst between Kuroo and Reader-chan since I only make things fluffy with them ( I'm sorry but I hate writing angst as much as I hate reading it ).
Let me know.
Oh and I thought of making a oneshot haikyuu book cuz I have a lot of random stories floating in my mind and I don't think I could develop a whole book out of each of them so this seems like the best option.
Anyway, comment your suggestions and I'll take them into consideration, tysm again, luv u🥺💞