14 | I'm The Cousin

Start from the beginning

"Babe why don't you come with me and let these kiddos suffer." I cringed at his choice of words he looked at Tabish and me over Mom's shoulder who's back was facing us now.

"Say please!" Tabish whispered and acted while folding his arms while I mouthed
'Apologise!' to him. He frowned for a second before letting out a defeated sigh and clearing his throat.

"And I-I'm really sorry for today." I couldn't see Mom's expression but I knew she would forgive him.

"Fine! But I was right!" She exclaimed. Dad opened his mouth to argue but I shot him a glare causing him to shut up and nod his head with his lips in a thin line.

"Great!" She smiled at him and linked their arms before walking towards their car.

"Don't be late three of you!" She said while walking away but Dad turned to look at us and passed us a thumb's up.

Mom and Dad had a little argument today and since then Mom had been avoiding Dad to an extent that she didn't even want to leave for this event held by her friend with Dad in his car. That's when we had to come in and play Cupid for them. Mind you on a special request by Dad himself.

I looked at my side only to find T looking back at me as we shared a knowing smirk and gave each other a high five before he hooked his arm around my neck pulling me closer. Over these three months I and Tabish had become really good friends, he was not only my brother-in-law but like a brother or a friend to me. Tabish was of my age only and we really did click. With my so-called husband not around I learned to spend most of my spare time with both my families and friends and to be honest I can't help but feel blessed for having them.

"You weren't bad, Kiddo," He said as he chuckled.

"Shut the fuck up Bitch. I was so much better than you." I replied as I elbowed him in his toned stomach.

"You were not." He argued

"I was."

"Not."

"Was"

"No---" before he could continue a voice bet his. "Both of you were pathetic." Nushra's voice boomed as she walked out of the house looking as stunning as ever in her black dress with a huge long slit looking elegant and classy with straight sleek hair. We gawked at her as she came up to us with a straight face.

"You didn't just say that!" She mimicked Tabish and said, "what a fucked up overacting it was I must say

"You didn't just say that!" She mimicked Tabish and said, "what a fucked up overacting it was I must say." I roared out a laugh as I looked at his hurtful expression. "So true." But when her eyes landed on me it soon dropped. "You too fucked up with your fake gasps" this time I made a face while Tabish was the one laughing. I hit him on the head making him stumble and smirked. A thud sound came right in front of me and I immediately cringed looking at those 6 inches heels. My eyes met her's and she shrugged at me.