2

Fast and I walked into the school, then we went our separate ways. I'll claim him, sometimes that is.

I had about 25, 30 minutes before school actually started so I headed to my locker.

They really made me pay 5 fucking dollars for this damn thing, cheap ass school.

I started to put, and take, stuff in and out of my locker when I heard my name being called.

"BJ, BJAAAAYYYYYY!!!" Someone has to be very insane to be this loud this early in the morning. But of course, I know this insane person. It's none other than my best friend, Blaine.
Blaine and I have been friends for about 5 years, we met in 7th grade. She is my rock, I mean I love my family, but Blaine is just more than I could ever ask for. She's wild, she's hilarious, she is my other half. But she does get on my nerves.

"You do realize that it's 7:30 in the morning, correct?" I asked

"I do, I just don't care."

I close my locker, and we start walking to first period, we like to get there early so we don't have to stand around the hallway. We pass by all these people with confidence.

Don't let them see you fall

Blaine and I go to a predominately white school, so we usually keep to ourselves. It's hard when you're not trying to knock a white persons head off, especially the ones here. There are some latinx, asian, and other poc, but they can be just as bad. Some are cool, others not so much.

Blaine and I keep walking until we turn into the classroom, U.S. History that is. I don't do A.P. cause that's a little much for my taste, and Blaine is just as smart, but she doesn't like putting work into "the white man's education" as she likes to call it. Since we are some of the smartest in the class, Mrs.Q let's us sit in the back because she knows that we'll get A' s no matter where we are.

Blaine starts texting her girlfriend while we sit, waiting for class to start. I, the lonely person I will forever be, listen to music.

Know I keep my head held high
I still get choked up inside
The thought of you

It's crazy how I love love songs, but I don't like love. It's not like I don't want to fall in it one day, but crushes can go a very long way in making you not want to fall in love.

I try so hard to be strong
But it's hard to carry on without you
Yeah

The class starts to fill up, it's almost 8:05. Some of our other friends start to make their way back her too, there's Cade, Adrian, and Yama, amongst others. They all sit down and start to talk to us, but since it's the last week before break, I keep my earbuds in.

Mrs.Q walks in basically saying that we can just chill, since we only have like 3 days left. I tap to the beat, but I'm still listening to their conversation. I hear them talking about some new kids that transferred from the East side, I already don't like them. East side kids are so snobby and annoying, they're the worst.

I keep listening to my music and their convo, kind of tuning in and out of both. Then, the door opens, 2 boys walk in.

And of course they're in my class.

Mrs. Q walks up to them, asking who they were and such, then she points to the back of the room.

You've got to be kidding me