- 𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓇𝓎 16 -

Start from the beginning

Just like my dream.

Except, it's better. Because in my dream, I don't have Mike walking besides me.

Finally, we reach the cliff. My secret cliff.
I start climbing it, Mike behind me. Only, unlike my dream, it's very hard to climb. Very, very, very hard. My lungs are protesting with every step I take, but I proceed. I have to do this.

Finally, we reach the top. I collapse into the snow.
Mike, as if in a trance, continues walking until he's almost on the edge.

"Wow," he breathes. And he's right. I get up to join him, and it's every bit as beautiful as I remembered it. It's breathtaking, and the cold winds are making my face red, and I'm so happy I could cry.

We sit on the edge for a few minutes, until we see the sun rising, lighting the whole town in shades of blue and pink and yellow. I don't think I've ever seen something so beautiful.

I start taking off my breathing tube. Mike turns to me, panicked.

"It's fine." I assure him. I take it out, and just take a deep breath. A deep breath of clear mountain air. This time, when I let it out, nothing bad happens. How can it, when I'm with Mike?

"Mike." I say, and he turns to me. I don't think. I grab his face with both of my hands, and pull him in.

His lips are frozen and soft, and for a moment they stay still. But then he kisses me back with passion, and we stay interlocked in the kiss for minutes. It's the best first kiss I could have asked for- better than anything I could've imagined. I pull him back, but still keep us close, so close I can feel his cold breath on mine.

Finally, we're no more than a breath away. No more six feet. Just one breath.

I pull completely back, breathing heavily and eyes glittering with happiness. He looks at me with shock.

"Did we-" he asks, and I nod.

"Thank you," I breathe to him, " I swear I won't do it again. I just had to, just once." 

He smiles.
"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," he says, and I laugh loudly. I hear my laughter echoing through the open air.

He lies back on the snow, yawning again.
I lie closest as I can to him, and when he stiffens I laugh.
"Mike, we just kissed. If I'm going to get B. Cepacia, I think I got it already." He sighs, and I lie my head on his chest. Like I wanted to for ages. Through the cold his body is warm, and I shiver with pleasure. It's the perfect moment.

"I can't believe we did that. It's like you put a spell on me or something," Mike's voice sounds after a few seconds. It's heavy with sleep, and sure enough when I look at him his eyes are fluttering closed and his breathing turns even. I look at him sleep.

My bucket list is complete. I did everything. Everything I wanted to do is done- how many people in the world can say that? I bet not too many. I don't think I've ever been happier in my whole life.

so again, I don't think. I take out this journal, and after I finish writing this whole day down I write just five more words.

𝐼 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝑀𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓇.

I do. I do love him, more than anything.

I close the journal and place it deep inside Mike's pocket, nervous and excited and mostly- happy. I can't imagine life getting any better than this.

Then, I close my eyes too and let myself drift off.

                                                                                                           - 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁

-

-

-

[AUTHOR SAYS]

one more chapter!!! ahahah

-𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁