Prologue

"Zayn Malik has been sentenced to group therapy until he turns twenty one to help deal with his anger," the head member of the board announced.

"But that is three months?" A voice Zayn knew all to well spoke up.

"Sorry Mr. Malik, it's court ordered."

Zayn kept his hands behind his back, staring at the floor. He felt his manager's presence on his left, but the strong, vibrant presence of his father on his right.

"Look up," Zayn's father, Yaser Malik, said under his breath sharply.

Zayn did as he was told, his jaw fixing under his skin. He clenched his fist tightly, his knuckles turning white. He stared directly at the man who had spoken, feeling as if smoke was coming out of his ears.

"Three months?" Zayn's manager, Winston, spoke up. "That is a little much. Don't you think?"

"The board feels as if this is the most appropriate punishment if Mr. Malik wants to continue running his father's business." He spoke confidently, "besides, this isn't the first time Zayn has done something like this."

Zayn didn't say anything, for he knows that with his father in the room, there would be major punishments if he embarrassed him in front of the board.

"Zayn will continue running The Tower for as long as I have ordered," Mr. Malik spoke up, his voice dominating the entire room. "This is just a minor problem that has received more attention than it should have."

"We understand Mr. Malik," the man spoke, "but Zayn has beat up a man in his office a couple of other times before for an invalid reason. We're afraid that if this happens again, we will have to strip him from owning the building. And we regret to inform you that he might even go to jail for it."

"This is my building and it will be under whoever's control I want it to be in." Mr. Malik spoke angrily, letting the board know where Zayn got his anger from. "It won't happen again. Isn't that right Zayn?"

Zayn nodded slowly, staring ahead. "Yes sir. I won't let this happen again."

"Good," his father spoke. "And for the sentence, Zayn will be attending group therapy without question."

Zayn looked at his father, but his father ignored Zayn's glare. Once the board dismissed Zayn and his father and they left the building, Mr. Malik turned to Zayn.

"I will work on getting the sentence shortened," he spoke, "but if you disappoint me one more time, I will give the ownership to your sister."

"But sir-"

"I don't want to hear it Zayn," Mr. Malik interrupted his son. "You will attend therapy and like it. The press will be at your tail and I don't want the business to be getting any negative publicity. Do you understand?"

Zayn glared at his father, ready to attack him. Mr. Malik looked unimpressed, not wanting to speak to Zayn any longer than he needed to.

"I said," Mr. Malik said, grabbing on to Zayn's forearm tightly, "do you understand?"

Zayn felt his father's fingers piercing into his skin. Zayn took a deep breath and nodded, "I understand."

Mr. Malik let go of Zayn's arm, then straightened his jacket. "Alright then, I'll see you later son."

Zayn clenched his jaw as his father called him son. He wanted nothing less than to not be such a horrible man's son. Zayn watched as his father walked away from him and sat in his limo, not turning around once.

Zayn looked at the sky, running a hand through his hair. He felt the New York air polluting his breath, but this has become more of a home to him than his real home.

He let out a heavy sigh, slipping on his sunglasses. "Here we go."

----------

Hi guys, welcome to my new Zayn Fanfic, "Inhale". I hope you guys are enjoying it so far, and I hope you guys let me know in the comments below.

If you guys are here because of my other fanfic, "Runaway" then welcome back. This is going to be another Zayn fanfic and it is going to be hella sick. Enjoy babes. Vote, comment, and share.

I love you guys. xoxo

Follow me on Twitter! @mindofballoons