Fearless? - Epilogue

Start from the beginning

They had both died that day, Azelie was dead when the paramedics had found them both just have the explosion, and Cole was barely hanging on and was still awake. They managed to revive her and she was rushed into surgery as soon as she reached the hospital. The doctors figured out that Cole had massive internal bleeding, plus the fact that he had lost a lot of blood already, and he went into hypovolemic shock, then his heart stopped. The doctors managed to get it started again, and after using half of the hospital's blood supply and spending hours in surgery, his condition slowly started to improve, just Azelie's did.

They both should have died, and stayed dead. But they didn't. They fought through it, they surived.

"I leave you for two minutes and you talk about lasagna? You are probably boring her so much! Couldn't you have just talked about how awesome I am?" Cole joked. He missed his sister so much. But he also knew that he couldn't imagine how much pain Lily had been in her final days. The sister he knew had disappeared by then, the cancer literally sucking the life out of her. She had been given three months to live, but managed to hang on for a entire year, a time that they all didn't take for granted.  Cole had put university off for a year so he could stay home with Lily, while Azelie went the university of British Columbia and came home every weekend. 

It had been a hard year, but she went peacefully in the end - in her sleep, surrounded by those who loved her. Cole couldn't of thought of a better way. A tear rose to his eye as he quickly wiped it away. He thought of Lily every day, and how much he missed her. He would always love and miss his little sister, even thought he knew that she was in a better place. 

"Well if we talked about how awesome you were, it would be a rather short conversation, Love," Azelie joked, pulling Cole from his train of thought. He smiled down at his wife, and gently leaned down and kissing her on the lips. She leaned against him as they say on the grass in silence, memories of Lily running thought their heads.

Azelie had always found it funny, how everything could seem in one moment so broken, so irreplaceable and unfixable - so lost. That's what she was before she met Cole. From the moment she met him, he was there, picking up the pieces that had been broken off of her over the years, putting her back together, making the new pieces and finding the old pieces. Everything had been broken; she had been broken. And now she was fixed, all shiny and new. She was a different person. She no longer had to lean off the wrong sides of bridges to feel like she could be anyone, do anything thing. She was happy, and that's all anybody ever needs to be in life. 

"Come on, Kelly and Alex will be at the house soon," Azelie spoke, breaking the silence that had fallen between them, looking up at Cole as she leaned on him for comfort.

"The terror! Do we really have to go back to them?" He smirked, his green eyes catching Azelie's. 

"Yes! You were the one that invited them over!" Azelie replied, rolling her eyes at her husband as she pushed herself away from him to stand up so they could leave. 

"So? Are they taking the twins?" Cole questioned as Azelie began to stand up from the ground, leaving him lying on the ground alone as he stretched out, disliking the idea of having to move. 

"Probably," Azelie shrugged, putting her arm out too pull Cole up.

"Arg! There's still time to cancel! We could just hide out somewhere - just the two of us," He said, the smirk playing on his lips growing as he waggled his eyebrows. After all this time, it still shocked Azelie just how immature Cole could be, not that she didn't mind it, she loved that he could be playful and serious. "Maybe make a few twins ourselves rather than sitting through the terror of Francis and Reese!" The last statement sent Azelie's mind into meltdown.