Chapter 21: The Clone Wars

Start from the beginning

"We managed to get rid of the droids. I believe that a few escaped, which worries me, but the battle is over," she said. "What of you? And Anakin?"

"Count Dooku managed to escape. And Anakin-" Obi-Wan's voice trailed off. "Anakin is going to be alright, but he lost his hand in the fight against Dooku. We would have died had Master Yoda not shown up when he did."

Alana stared at Obi-Wan, his words not quite connecting in her mind.

"No hand? He lost his hand?"

"He's alright, Alana," Obi-Wan said, reaching past where the droid was working and placing it on her leg. "I promise you that. The medical droids are taking care of him, and the Senator has not left his side."

She sighed in relief, her fears slightly quenched with regards to her brother. With that worry gone, she was able to focus more on Obi-Wan. As soon as the droid had finished its work on Obi-Wan, it left to go attend more clones. Finally, the two of them were alone.

Alana turned to him, wanting desperately to kiss him when suddenly he grabbed her tunic and pulled her into him, and she fell forward into his arms, her legs wrapping around his waist. His lips pressed against hers into a kiss. Alana could feel his hands roaming around her waist, and she tangled her hands into his hair. They kissed passionately, not wanting the moment to end.

When it finally did, they pulled back slightly, their lips still parted from the kiss. Obi-Wan pressed a quick kiss on her lips before speaking.

"I should not have waited so long," Obi-Wan shook his head. "When I told you that we should be apart, I was trying to rid myself of those feelings, but I see now that I cannot."

"I feel it too," Alana whispered. "I tried pushing it away during those years apart, but I could not. And today, when I couldn't find you right after the battle, I worried as I never have before."

Suddenly, they heard steps approaching the tent, and Alana jumped back from Obi-Wan to stand in front of him. The flap to the tent opened, and Alana looked over to see Sylvan.

"Master, the Jedi Council is calling for the Jedi to return to the Temple. Apparently more Separatist droids were able to escape than we initially thought," she said before noticing Obi-Wan sitting on the table. "They would like to speak with you both, Master Kenobi."

"Of course," Obi-Wan stood to go with Alana and Sylvan, but he hissed, the pain in his leg still evident.

"Here, let me help you," Alana said going and letting Obi-Wan lean on her instead of his leg. The two of them made their way out of the tent, with Sylvan leading the way. Some of the clones had taken off their helmets and were talking amongst each other and fixing up their armor.

They made their way back to the 200th, where Alana found Cloak and Dagger, who appeared to be the closest of brothers as they were jostling each other about, straightening up only once they noticed Alana's presence. To their right, Bash speaking with another commander.

As they approached, the commander that Alana didn't know flew to attention, but Bash tapped him.

"Don't bother, she doesn't exactly like it," he said. The other commander hesitated but then relaxed, standing more normally than just before.

"He learns fast," Sylvan remarked, making the two captains laugh.

"Sir, this is Commander Cody of the 212th," Commander Bash introduced. "Our battalions have been trained together since the beginning, and we've been assigned to the same cruiser." He nodded at Alana and Obi-Wan as a show of respect instead of coming to attention.

"Good to meet you," Alana said. "Commanders, the Jedi have ordered our return to Coruscant. Apparently, you've already been instructed."

"Yes, sir," Bash said.