Chapter 7: A New Dawn

(AN: Image is relevant to later in the chapter, I really liked it :) -Rach)

Alana woke up to find herself in one of the medical posts. She looked around her to see a few others also laying down, surrounded by friends and family when she saw her brother sitting beside her.

"Lanie!" He exclaimed. "You're awake!"

"Hey there, Ani," she said softly, sitting up gingerly, a slight throbbing still echoing in her head. Anakin pounced on the bed beside her.

"Did you hear what happened?" Anakin asked loudly, causing Alana to flinch. "We won!" He said a bit quieter so that he didn't hurt Alana.

"Yes, I did," she said. "I also remember telling you to stay put, but you found yourself in the middle of all the action."

"Sorry," Anakin said. "But I destroyed the droid command center!"

"You did?" Alana asked. "Well, I suppose that's a good thing, now."

"Mister Obi-Wan told me that Master Qui-Gon didn't survive the battle," Anakin suddenly said, his face turning sad.

"No, Ani, I'm afraid he didn't," Alana said, holding her arms out so that she could hold her brother near. "Never forget him. He had helped us both so much."

"I know," Anakin said quietly. "I'm tired," he said. "Mister Obi-Wan said that he needed to speak with some of the other Jedi when they arrive, but that he will come and show us where we're going to sleep tonight."

"Why don't we just go find him ourselves?" Alana said before looking up at one of the medics and waving them over. "I find myself feeling much better," she said. The medic looked at her skeptically before noting the lightsaber beside her bed.

"Oh, yes, Master Jedi," the medic said before giving Alana a couple of pills to take and sending her on her way.

"Perks of having a lightsaber, Ani," Alana said, standing and making her way out of the medical wing of the palace. There were many people milling about, looking for their loved ones. Alana and Anakin made their way towards the innermost part of the palace, with Alana showing her lightsaber to pass through the guard checkpoints.

They arrived just in time to see Obi-Wan speaking with the queen. He looked up as Alana entered and excused himself to greet them.

"Come, the day is not nearly over yet," he said, ushering them out. "Chancellor Palpatine is arriving with most of the Jedi Council in an hour."

"What would you have us do?" Alana asked.

"We need to go out and meet them," he replied.

They made their way out of the palace and down to the landing platforms of Naboo, where a group of guards was beginning to line up. It took nearly an hour before everything was ready and the Queen was also out on the platform to greet the Chancellor.

As the ship landed, Chancellor Palpatine descended and greeted Obi-Wan, Alana, and Anakin. Alana watched out of the corner of her eye as two Trade Federation leaders were escorted away and onto a ship.

"We are indebted to you, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Alana Skywalker. And you, young Skywalker. I shall watch your career with great interest," he said, patting Ani on the head before the trio stepped aside so that the Chancellor could greet the Queen.

Alana saw the Jedi Masters approaching, and she bowed to them, seeing her Master among them. They paused for a moment before speaking with Obi-Wan and Alana.

"You have done well, Padawans. We suffered a great loss, but know that it was not in vain," Master Plo spoke.

Alana and Obi-Wan nodded. Suddenly, one of the Queen's handmaids appeared.