Chapter 32: The Voyage

(AN: OMG you guys! We've almost hit 40k reads and 1000 votes! This is so exciting for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind words and your support throughout this writing process. I hope you continue to enjoy the chapters! Much love. -Rach)

Alana raced down the hall, her hand holding a bag that contained her supplies and additional clothes. Most of the clones and supplies needed for Christophsis had already been loaded onto the cruisers and assault ships, and Alana was running late.

When she arrived in the giant hangar that housed the ships, she noted that they were finishing up the loading, and Sylvan was perched on one of the boxes just inside the loading ramp of the cruiser, talking with Captain Rex and Anakin. Obi-Wan was standing at the bottom of the ramp holding a datapad and checking a few last-minute things with a handful of other clones.

Alana sighed. She was supposed to have been helping Obi-Wan with this task as soon as she had packed, but it had taken her too long to scrub the blood out of her hair, and in the process, she had ripped a few of the stitches out and been forced to return to the medical wing, where a rather cross droid had cleaned and sewn her back up and sent her on her way.

"Alana," Obi-Wan said, stepping away from the group of clones. "Where were you?" He asked.

"Oh, please don't ask me that," Alana replied, scrunching up her nose, embarrassed about the fact that she had only made it two hours having her stitches put in before ripping them out accidentally. She noted Obi-Wan's eyebrow raise, and she rolled her eyes. "Fine, but if you swear not to tell my Padawan-"

"I won't."

"Good. I was in the shower-"

"Did you fall again?" Obi-Wan smirked.

"No! And I have never fallen in the shower for your information," Alana added.

"Mhm," Obi-Wan replied, enjoying seeing how flustered Alana was getting.

"You didn't even let me finish," Alana continued as they made their way up the ramp behind the last of the supplies. "I was scrubbing the blood out of my hair, and I accidentally scrubbed right over the stitched and ripped a few of them out. Needless to say, the droid wasn't very happy to see me back this time."

"You-" Obi-Wan was desperately trying to choke down his laughter as they reached the top of the ramp. "You were nearly an hour late because you scrubbed your stitches right off your head? Didn't that hurt?" Obi-Wan asked.

Before Alana could reply, she could hear Sylvan laugh loudly from the other side of the ramp. She whirled to see Sylvan peeking over at her and Obi-Wan from behind Anakin. Even though they were pretty far away from each other, Alana had forgotten how well Sylvan could hear. This was the only time that Alana wished her Padawan wasn't a Cathar.

"If you speak a word of this to anyone-" Alana threatened jokingly, just loud enough for Sylvan to hear.

As soon as she said that, the ramp began to be raised upward, and the hangar door was shut behind them. Alana and Obi-Wan made their way over to Anakin, Sylvan, and Captain Rex before heading to the lift that would take them up to the bridge.

Once they arrived on the bridge, they were greeted by Admiral Yularen, the admiral of Anakin's flagship cruiser. From the looks that were exchanged between the two of them, the admiral and Anakin's relationship appeared to mirror the one between Admiral Ivanov of Alana's flagship cruiser.

"Generals," the admiral acknowledged Obi-Wan and Anakin. His head nod towards Obi-Wan seemed much more sincere than the one directed at Anakin.

"Oh, Admiral, this is Jedi General Alana Skywalker, Anakin's sister, and her Padawan, Sylvan Poreth," Obi-Wan introduced.