2) ja'na

The thing about life is you never know whats gonna happen, you could only think of its meaning and what your gonna do next

In this moment as I stare in his eyes beside his girlfriend my blood ruins cold! I didn't expect to meet him on my first day of 'CU' (California university)

Let me start from the beginning

~~
"You were suppose to be here a week ago ja'na now my first time seeing you! You have to rush to school"

"Sorry ma! I had things to do"

"More important than you're mother and sibling"

I glanced down at my mother baby bump, up until two months ago I was the only child! I'm twenty and I'm currently in my second year of college! I have a full ride to whatever college I go to.

"Of course not! Who's the father again?"

"Stay in a childs place little girl!"

"Mom...I'm grown"

"Oh I forgot!"

"I'll see you when I get back and we'll talk then"

"Alright! Remember be the best you can be"

"I will"

I drove to school with my mother on my mind. She was 40! And pregnant!

She always said she was done after me and believed her! But most who said they done having kids after having a baby end up having another one.

All my life I never knew what I wanted to be! But now that im in college it still hasn't changed I have to decide so I cant really put it to the side anymore.

I walked to my first class with ease since i had a map and they mailed me my classes a week ago.

It hasnt even been ten minutes yet and Im already getting stared at. Im wearing a black half shirt with a black and white skirt pairing with black heels

God this is gonna be a day.

~
I had one more class today and then I could go home. Away from the peering eye of everyone trying to figure me out. Away from the glares of people I have no clue of who they are.

I was to busy In thought I didn't know I made it to my class. In every class I made it a mission to seat in the front. They only say I could have a full ride is if i have a 'A and or B' in all my classes.

But the front was full. So I tried to settle for the second best just for the last seat to get taken by some red headed girl. So I sat in the middle and made sure I could see.

I was extra prepared today. And so far I haven't seen a marie, polo, or c-...you know who"

"Hi"

I turned and was meet with a mix girl.

"Hey"

"I'm kenzie"

"I'm ja'na nice to meet you, is this seat taken? I didn't mean to sit in anyone seat"

"No, no, your good!"

"Cool...cool"

"So wh-"

"What ar-"

We started at the same time.

"You go first" kenzie insist

"I was going to ask what we're you majoring in?"

She smiled

"Me too, but um I'm majoring in well I don't really know I keep switching "

"Me too!"

"Shameful isn't it?"

"No, confusing"

"Welcome to your first day back! And to thoses who just transferred...welcome to California university where we make our students somebodys"

"Quite corny dont you think?"

"I guess, but if they can make me into somebody I'm good with it"

Kenzie laughed getting stares from the people around us

It went quiet as the teacher was explaining what we'll do, what he expect from us, ect

never thought I'll be back in California but after three years I'm here!

"I cant believe I never seen you around" kenzie whispered

"I just moved back here after three years"

"after class you should come hang out with me and my boyfriend and his friends"

"I dont want to intrude kenzie"

"trust me your not!"

"so tell me about your boyfriend"

"he's fucking hot! He's loyal, He's not like other guys, we've been together for two years...and I'm his first girlfriend I couldn't believe it!"

"thats g-"

I was cut off by the bell

"come on he doesn't like to wait"

after walking across the field we made it to the lunch room where she started dragging me

But when I came face to face with her boyfriend my smile dropped

"Baby this is my new friend! She just transferred be nice!"

I extended my hand

"Hi, im Ja'na...ja'na williams"

"Christan, Christan james"

"Nice to meet you"

"Likewise"

"So I invited her to hang out with us today"

"Kenzie I told you I didnt want to intrude..."

"Your not isnt she babe?"

He took a minute to answer

"Of course not."

"See! Were all gonna be the best of friends...wheres marie and polo? They werent in class today especially you!"

"We over slept" polo voice ringed from behind me

At this moment im begging for anything to happen... A phone call! Me going to the office! Anything from this right here!!!

"Who's your new friend of the week kenzie?" Polo asked sensing they akwardsness

"Her name is ja'na, she just moved back her after three years I think that's right!"

"Nice to meet you I'm polo"

"Nice to meet you, sorry to cut this short but I cant hang out today, thanks for the offer but I have alot to do and I just got here this morning I'm quite tired"

"Aww, rain check then"

"Yea rain check!"

"Im gonna hold you to it. Come on babe lets go"

We all seem to be walking to the same place the student parking lot

And life just dont know how to stop stating they parked on either side of me. And on the other marie sat on her phone on the hood of polo car

Glad to see they got they happy ever after . but when she turned and watched me as I made it to my door. It seem like the world stopped around us

It wasn't the fact that she just stared at me that made thing awkward. It was the smile i couldnt return