IIX.

❧

The rest of Arabella's time at Matt's place had been uneventful. They'd had a bit of fun talking about the douchebag Josh and the hilarious face he made when Arabella had told him off for being mean to Matt, they'd gone out two more times for coffee and later for dinner at a cute little restaurant nearby Matt's apartment, and then they'd both just gone to bed and slept until they were awakened by Raoul and Chris, aggressively knocking on the door waiting to pick up Arabella.

After having gathered her things and Mozart, Arabella only got to shortly hug Matt goodbye before Raoul and Chris practically dragged her with them.

"Who was that?" Chris asked as soon as they'd gotten into the car. "Matt Murdock, he's co-owner of that law firm I've told you about babe." Raoul said as he started the car. "Oh, the one across the hall from your new office?"  Chris asked excitedly turning around to look at Arabella as Raoul began driving. "That would be the one." Arabella nodded simply. "He's cute." Raoul looked offended at his fiancée who was smiling cheekily. "Chris!"

"Alright sorry! He seems sweet then?" Chris said innocently. "He is very sweet." Arabella said blushing. "Bells!" Raoul looked at his business partner through the rearview mirror. "I just said he was sweet!?" Arabella defended herself as she tried to hide her red face by looking out the window.

When the trio finally reached the apartment, Arabella was quick to find the hidden spare key under their doormat and lock herself in. The two men followed her half as fast and not even half as excited as her. "Why are you in such a hurry?" Chris laughed at her as she dumbed her bag by the sofa and Mozart on the floor in the kitchen.

"It's just been ages since I was last here! And your apartment is so luxurious compared to mine! It's like walking into a small castle." Arabella defended herself as she walked to the balcony and pulled away the curtains before opening the double doors and walking out into the fresh air. "A little dramatic there are we Elsa?"

"Ta gueule." Both guys laughed at her.

"Bells, have you by the way called your grandma and told her what's been going on yet?" Raoul asked as they all settled down in the living room. "I don't want her to worry.." Arabella said hesitantly making Raoul sigh. "Call her anyway and at least tell her you're staying at my place, say it's a work thing." Raoul said a bit concerned. "–Just in case she stops by your apartment. You guys usually eat dinner together regularly and I have a feeling that you haven't been there in the last couple of days.."

"I haven't, I didn't want her to see the bruises. You're right, I'll go call. Thanks." Arabella hugged her friend shortly before grabbing her phone and going out on the balcony again.

"Bella? Hallo?" Arabella's grandmother answered after only two short beeps. "Hey abuela! It's me. I just wanted to say sorry for not coming by for dinner. Work has been really stressful lately and I've been staying at Raoul's place to make everything easier." Arabella felt bad for lying, but she only did it because she thought it was for the best.
"Is fine cariño. I am glad  you're just safe." She cooed.