Magic - Chapter 12

Teachers Pet

Chapter 12

Magic

Jamie's P.O.V

'GO MARCH YOURSELF BACK IN THAT APARTMENT JAMIE!!!' Jessie yelled in my head for what seemed like the millionth time. 

She just keep yelling at me to go back to Jacob. Who we both knew was still in my apartment, just like I left him.

I, on the other hand, was sitting on the edge of the pool with my legs swishing back and forth in the water. Watching the way the water rippled when I moved my feet.

Copying the movement with my hand. I saw light emitting from my fingers.

I moved my hand in complicated motions and watched the water move the same way. Like it was copying my fingers, but in perfect sync. Was I doing that? I stopped moving my hands and the water immediately calmed down.

I wonder what else I can do. 'This is dangerous. What if someone sees you!' Jessie warned. Ignoring her, I took

my feet out of the water and got on my knees.  I had enough of listening to her for one day. Letting both hands hover over the surface of the water, I thought about what I wanted to happen and closed my eyes.

Feeling tingles over my entire body, I flung my eyes open and looked at the frozen solid body of water before me.

A smile slipped on my face as I stared back at my work.

I knocked on the water to test out if it was actually frozen.

"Wow cool." 

Immediately I moved my hands away from the water and hid them behind my back. Like a kid who had been caught sticking his hand in cookie jar. Starring at the blond haired boy standing at the other end of the pool.

He had to be around the age of six. With his blond hair and bright blue eyes. He was wearing a green shirt with regular blue jean pants and some black light up tennis shoes.

"Did you do that?" He asked while tapping the pool with the tip of his shoe.

"Uh yeah," I told him. There was no point in lying when he had basically watched me do it.

"THAT'S SOOOO AWESOME!" He yelled out. "Shhhh," I told him holding a finger to my lips. "It's a secret. Can you keep a secret?" I asked him. Taking my finger a way from my lips I waited for him to answer.

"Yeah I can keep a secret," he said shaking his head eagerly. "What's your name?" I asked him.

"Jeremy!" He told me with a thrilled look on his face.

"Well, Jeremy, I'm a witch. As you may have figured out." I told him. Which seemed unimportant since he just saw me turn water into ice. "And a wolf too, right?" Jeremy asked me.

That's outstanding. How did he know that? The pureness of how easily he figured it out and how he boldly blurted it out had me momentarily paralyzed.

"How did you know?" I asked finally voicing the words that where playing in my head. "I can smell your scent. I'm a wolf too!" He told me.

Suddenly I was less freaked out by this kid, but still a little freaked out. I felt like he could be trusted.

Okay, so he isn't a crazy stalker kid, but that doesn't change the fact that you left your mate in your apartment. WHO DOES THAT?!?!

I do obviously. "Well, Jeremy, my name is Jamie." I told him while sticking my hand out for him to shake it. He took my hand in his small one and shook it once before letting go. " I know silly," He said to me with a playful smile. "How did you know my name?" I asked him.

The smile he had now looked more forced then it seemed before. "I mean, I know someone named Jaime, but he's a boy, duh," he told me.

'This kid creeps me out' Jessie told me. Same here.

"Can we go into your apartment? I have to go to the bathroom," Jeremy asked. But from the tone he used I'm sure he wasn't really asking. 'I don't want him in the house. ' Jessie said.

"Where do you live Jeremy? Can't you use the bathroom there?" I asked him. "I wouldn't make it in time. I would pee my pants before I even made it half way," he told me.

"Okay come on." Sticking my hand out, I let him grab onto it and lead him to my apartment door.

I hadn't bothered to lock it when I left since Jacob was in there, so we just walked right in. I led Jeremy to the guest bathroom by Jade's room in a small hallway and waited for him behind the closed door.  I stepped away from the wall and went to the one a few steps away from it. I rested my head on the cool surface.

'You're inside go talk to Jacob' Jessie told me, for once, in a calm and collective tone. I'm just not ready to talk to him. 'He seems like he's ready to talk to you.' As soon as she said that I felt a warm arm wrap around my waist and a bare chest on my back. It was making my whole body overheat and little shocks of electricity explode all over. Not even the temperature of the wall could cool me down right now. Just having contact with him made me feel a rush of love.

'Why did you leave me?' Jacob asked me in my head. He sounded troubled. It didn't surprise me, but did leave me heart broken. Guilt rushed through my veins leaving a cold bitter trace behind.

"I didn't want to hurt you Jacob. I never wanted to hurt you," I whispered to him still knowing he would hear me perfectly clear.

Jacob placed his chin on my shoulder and walled his arms around me even tighter. "I love you Jamie. Please don't leave me like that again," he told me.  Taking my head off the wall, I laid it back onto his chest letting Jacob snuggle in closer with me. I laid my hands on top of his. Enjoying the feeling of his arms around me. "I love you too Jacob, and I won't." I told him.

'See, look you guys are happy again. Don't you wish you would have listened to me earlier?' Jessie asked. I actually do. Thank you Jessie.

The sound of the toilet flushing ruined our moment. Immediately following the flushing sound was the rushing water from the sink. 'Who's in the bathroom?' Jacob asked me. "This little boy I met named Jeremy. Just wait to you see him. He's adorable," I told Jacob. Unwrapping his arms I turned us around so we where facing each other and both leaning our sides on the wall away from the door.

He looked at me with a wide smile that instantly faded. "What is it?" I asked him. 'I'm not good with children. Never have been,' he told me in my head with a solemn look on his face. "That doesn't mean you won't be with him," I told him. From the look on his face I'm sure children really bothered him. But why? Was he afraid of them? I know they can be demanding and annoying at times but that isn't really a reason to be scared of them.

The bathroom door opened revealing a wet handed Jeremy with a devilish look on his face. "Hey Jamie do you think you can use your power to get the water off of my hands?" Jeremy asked me. Not looking like he even noticed Jacob. "I don't know why not." Taking Jeremy's small hands in mine, I focused on drying his hands. I felt a funny feeling this time when i used magic. It just didn't feel right. But the feeling passed and immediately our hands started to get warm and water evaporated out of the openings between my fingers.

  "Woah, cool. Your awesome, Jamie," Jeremy said taking his hands out of mine.

'Cool trick. I didn't know you where a witch,' Jacobs voice sounded in my head.  Turning my head I lifted one of my eyebrows. "That isn't a problem, is it?" I asked him with fake confidence in my voice. 'No. Not at all,' he told me with a smug look on his face.