Meeting the Parents - Chapter 9

Teachers pet.

Chapter 9

Meeting the Parents.

Jamie's P.O.V

The school day was over, but my mind was still buzzing from all the information I had gotten today. It was all just too much to take in, however it was only one small piece to the thousand piece puzzle I called my life.

I laid my head on the grassy meadow I was in. After my last class I had decided I was finally going into the woods in front of my apartment building. While I was walking I stumbled upon this meadow. It looked like a great place to just relax, and that's just what I needed right now.

I was completely at rest or at least that's what it would look like to any person that found me. In my head I was going mad trying to figure everything out. Every time I thought I had finally figured something out something else pops out, and changes everything. The only thing I was sure of was if I didn't figure all this out soon I would go insane.

What did I know? Well my mom is being blacked mail by someone for sure, but whom, and what do they have on her that would make her turn on her own daughter? This Chance guy is somehow involved with my mother. And somehow everything revolves around this whole not matting thing. What's so important about mating? If it something sacred as I had thought that is only done between mate. Why are so many people butting in? It's really none of their business.

I heaved a sigh. My life is just too stressful. Emptying my head off all thought of puzzles. Instead I focused on the sounds in the woods. It was strangely quite. No birds chirping, insect buzzing, or anything. The only sound was of the wind whipping past the trees.

I got up from my position on the ground. Something's not right. I'm in the middle of the woods it shouldn't be this quite. I creped around the trees cautiously. I heard the sound off a branch breaking less than twenty feet away. The sound off pounding feet soon followed. Automatically my hand flew up in a defense pose and my feet slid into a steady stance.

Ten feet, five feet, two. The trampling of feet had stopped. I stayed in my ready position. I know its close. 'Calm down.' Jessie said. I had learned its better for me just to listen to her. She only wants what best for us. "WHOS THERE?" I yelled out. A second later a large grey wolf with blue eyes and a black wolf with hazel eyes walked out from behind a tree.

Who are they? 'I'm not sure I thought Jacob was behind the tree' Jessie told me. Why would you think Jacob was behind the tree? 'They smell like him. Especially the women.' I walked towards the wolfs. "Shift now." I commanded. The gray wolf shifted while the black wolf stayed in wolf form. In place of the gray wolf was a fully grown man. With brown hair, and striking blue eyes. He looked like he had just turned twenty but I doubt that was true. He reminded me a lot of an older looking Jacob. So much I almost reached out to touch him, but the growl I got from the black wolf stopped me.

"What is your name?" I asked the man. "My name is Oliver, and this is my wife Clarissa." He told me. Oliver and Clarissa those names sounded familiar. "May I ask what your name is?" Oliver asked. "My name is Jamie" I told him. "Now may I ask you one more question?" Oliver asked. I didn't know why he just didn't ask me. Instead of asking to asking me a question. "Yeah sure. Ask whatever is on your mind" I told him.

Oliver seemed to pause and think over what he wanted to say. "Why do you smell of my son? And I would choose your answer carefully." Oliver said with an infuriated tone. Son? Jacob is there son! It all made since. Their names where familiar because they were in his school file. I stud there like a fool. I didn't know what to say. How do you tell a parent that a teacher that happens to be me is having a relationship with their son? "I'm his mate." I said simply.

Clarissa shifted was a huge grin on her face. "I'm so happy for you too." While Oliver looked anywhere but at me. "We need to go Clarissa." Oliver spoke in a cold tone before shifting and bolting into the woods the way they came. "Don't worry he'll come around. Good bye Jamie I hope to see you soon" Where Clarissa's finale words before she darted after her husband.

That was weird. What was wrong with Oliver after I told him I was his son's mate? Clarissa seemed so happy about it, but he had a look on his face I could really understand. I lowed myself down to the ground and propped myself up against a tree. Maybe he was upset that I wasn't a wolf or at least full wolf.

Deciding that it was time to get out of the woods. I followed my sent back to my apartment. It wasn't hard since I purposely ran my hand against every tree I came across on my way out here. Soon I made it to the opening of the woods, and I could see my apartment building through the black bars off the gate. Walking around the gate I jogged up to my door. Slipping my hand into my pocket I pulled out my key, and stuck it into the lock. I open the door, and locked once I was inside.

I walked into the kitchen fixing me a quick bowl of cereal and sat on the living room couch to eat. I turned on the TV hoping to find something to get my mind off everything. The news was on so I just decided that nothing would work better than the news to get my mind off of things.

-To all those teen girls it is official Chance your chance with Chance is coming to our town. The multimillionaire Chance will be here on Wednesday. So come on down to the capital state building and audition. Maybe you'll be the girl Chance is looking to settle down with.- the news woman said.

Could this guy be the Chance my mom was talking too? This would explain why he is coming here, and it would also be another reason my mother flew down here. I definitely will be going to see this Chance guy on Wednesday.