Five

The Shelby's were out of town on the morning of Freddie's funeral while Ruby was at the office

The Shelby's were out of town on the morning of Freddie's funeral while Ruby was at the office. She had decided not to go, since she wasn't close to Freddie and therefore wanted to let his close friends and family grieve in peace.
Also, she didn't want to see Thomas since what had happened between them in the pub. After their kiss, John finally arrived at the Garisson and Tommy asked him to take her home, and on the way there John asked her all kind of questions about what happened. Tommy had told him that Ruby had drank too much, though it seemed kind of weird to John that he hadn't brought her home himself then. Ruby just rolled her eyes at her best friend's questions, she was too drunk and too embarrassed to talk to him. All she wanted was to get into bed and hide under the covers.
In truth, neither Tommy nor Ruby had spoken one word after they parted from their kiss, both of them carefully removing themselves from the other while heat crawled onto their cheeks. Ruby had felt sober after kissing Tommy and immediately regretted the courage that had led her to pull him close. Especially since he had been silent after. It was worse the next morning, when Ruby woke up with a massive headache. She wasn't used to drinking, so it took a toll on her when she did. She struggled to get up and go to work, hoping that the day would be over soon so she could sleep again.
It was fairly early in the morning when the phone rang for the first time, the police was calling and they wanted to speak to Thomas. Since he wasn't there, they told Ruby they would send someone to get him from the graveyard, since it was quite urgent. The Garrison had been blown up.

When Tommy arrived at the office on the day the Garrison had been blown up, he walked inside his private office and slammed the door shut without saying a word. Ruby sighed at his behaviour, knowing that she had to go inside and talk to him, since he needed to sign some documents she needed to send out today.
The girl knocked and waited for Tommy to let her in before she stepped into his office, closing the door behind her. Tommy was leaning back in his chair, smoking a cigarette, looking as calm as ever. Though Ruby knew he was good at hiding his feelings, so good that you never knew what was going on inside this head of his. Sometimes Polly or herself could read him and sometimes, though rarely, he let one of them inside his head.
„I need you to sign these documents for me." Ruby laid them in front of him and he didn't even look, neither at her than the documents that needed to be signed. Ruby sat down in one of the chairs, taking one of his cigarettes to light it. Tommy, without saying anything, started to look at the documents, signing them after reading them through while they sat silently.
"Good work." He said when he slid the documents over to her. Somehow it hurt her that he didn't talk about what happened the day before, even though, on the other hand, she didn't want to talk about it. Perhaps he didn't want her and perhaps she had just imagined his hands pulling her close during their kiss.
"Thank you." Ruby gathered them in her arms and stood, then put out the cigarette before heading to the door.
"About yesterday..." Tommy started speaking but got interrupted by Ruby who had whipped around from where she had reached the door. There was no way in hell she would be rejected from him, so she tried to talk her out of it.
"Don't. I was a bit drunk and kissed you. It meant nothing, right?"
And with that she had slipped out of the door.