Six

 Tommy had left for London with his brothers to handle some business and the days went by without any other incidents

When Tommy came back from the city though, a very angry Polly was already waiting for him in his office.
„You're working late?" he asked Ruby who was shuffling through the papers on her desk, sorting them carefully. She looked up at his voice and smiled at him.
„Yes, there are a lot of things coming in. I'm just gonna tidy this up and then I'm off." Tommy nodded, looking at her from the other side of the table.
„Polly's waiting for you in your office." Ruby said, pointing at the door of his private office with the pen she had in her hand. "But careful, she's in a bad mood." She whispered to him to which Tommy sighed and wandered inside, closing the door behind him. There was yelling for some time, mostly from Polly, and when said woman stormed out of the building, Ruby had packed her bag and was ready to leave. She watched Polly storm by her desk without saying a word and once the door had been slammed shut she could hear Tommy sigh and then making himself a drink, before sitting down in his chair again. She wandered to stand in the frame of his double doors, looking at him from the distance with him looking back at her, silently smoking his cigarette.
"Is everything alright?" The girl asked and Tommy only shook his head before he stood and poured another glass of whiskey, a silent invitation for her to join him. When she did, she lit a cigarette and leaned back in the chair.
„I really enjoyed kissing you." The girl looked at him, eyebrows raised as she sipped on her whiskey. „You're right. I liked you before the war, but I'm a changed man and certainly not the same you used to know." Ruby looked at him and somehow she thought she had seen a glimpse of the old Tommy when he spoke. "Neither am I."
"I see that." He grinned and mentioned to her lit cigarette resting between her fingers. His smile lit up the whole room and Ruby could've melted at the sight of it. She had missed his grin and was glad she had managed to bring it back.
"I've missed you." Tommy told her and her smile grew as well. "I've missed you too."
Tommy would lie to himself if he wouldn't  admit that there was still something between the two. He had never met someone so pure, so full of heart. Everywhere she went she brought light into the darkness, and Tommy was sure that he didn't deserve her. She was an angel and he was the devil, two words colliding that were so different, but yet he had the feeling that they would make it work. After all this time, they had found each other again and finally admitted to their feelings, leaving both of them hopeful for the future. Yet, there was a sour taste in Tommy's mouth, Ruby hadn't seen who he really was yet and he was scared of what would happen if she found out. But when he drove her home and she practically fell into his arms when saying goodbye, he knew that she was the one for him and that she would be by his side whatever may come.