simplicity

I used to live in a really small town, that was up until my grandma died. My mom just couldn't stand to be there afterwards. She said she felt cramped, really she just missed her mom too much and there were so many reminders around that place. So she packed our stuff, sold our house, and moved us to new York. It was like there was no hesitation, no thinking she just picked us up and left. I had went to the same school with the same people since preschool, everyone knew everyone. Then I was thrown into the shark tank of a NYC school, it was terrifying. But while being a tiny fish in that place swimming with sharks, someone grabbed onto me and helped me climb the food chain. Sorry I guess I should introduce myself, I'm Sage and I've always been a complete mess. And that other person who grabbed me and helped me is my best friend Hazel. Ever since I moved here a year ago, Hazel has been helping me through nyc life step by step. I was never close to anyone else's family until I met her's. I love them all so much. Anyways onto my day.

"Sage!! You are going to be late again" my mom yells up the stairs breaking my focus on spacing out. I look down, shit 7:57, Henders is going to kill me.

"I'm tying my shoes now!" i quickly glance around for shoes to throw on. I slip on the first pair I see and run downstairs. My mom gives me her side glance and I chuckle and walk to the car. Im super late all the time. My mom drops me off at the front of the school and leaves. I walk in and the secretary shakes her head and hands me my late slip. I walk into class, hand the note to Ms. Henders and sit by Hazel.

Lunch rolls around and Hazel grabs my arm.

"wait, I need to get money from Aspen, if his slow ass would hurry up" Aspen is her older brother, he is a year older so he thinks he's all that a bag of chips. I mean he isn't wrong he's not bad looking but I would never admit that to him, his ego is big enough. He knows he's good looking and he uses it...a lot. The guy is a total player. I don't see how or why girls fall for him he has player written all over him, the black hair says it, not to mention the tattoo on his arm that says playboy. Finally he stroles up, a new little bitch at his side, I wish I could warn her but she seems tough anyways, box dyed hair and tons of peircings. Shes been through shit im assuming.

"you owe me hazel don't forget." And with that he walks off, his mutt close behind after throwing me a what was supposed to be threatening glance. After we eat we head out and to the cars.

"saige, don't forget party starts at 10. be there at 9" and hazel got in her car and drove off without a care in the world. I wish she would listen when I told her to drive more careful...

;

;

;

sorry this first chapter was bad, im still trying to get the feel of the story- rae