The Way We Say Goodbye

Start from the beginning

The only thing I'm really struggling with is who to write the new fanfic about. I've built a following within the 5sos fandom, which is so amazing and I can't thank you guys enough, but because of that I feel a bit apprehensive to write about anyone other than who I know people will enjoy. My passion doesn't really lie with 5sos anymore, sadly, and I'm worried that if I write about other bands/genres - like Kpop - I'll not be able to connect with you guys anymore.

So if you have any suggestions/opinions please let a struggling writer (e.g me) know xox

- What do you look like? I've always wondered lol

My dad.

You guys that had me on snapchat back in the day will remember young teenage me, and for that I am truly sorry. But I basically look the same.

(Cri)

- What's your opinion about how Wattpad has changed over the five years you've written on it?

Wont lie, I prefer OG Wattpad. The Wattpad without ads, whose trending fanfics were always something to do with 1D/5sos in mafias or sibling au's. (I LIVED for mafia au's omg, biggest guilty pleasure. Harry Styles in the mafia hit DIFFERENT different). The fanfics now are still so amazing, but it's just a completely different generation and I feel mega old.

I came back to Shawn Mendes and Dolan Twins fanfictions. There was even one about Jacob Sartorius.

(side note: if you also live for mafia au's and like BTS (hehehhe another side note: yes I joined the Kpop dark side what about it) Blackjack on Tumblr is a really good one, recommend.)

- Where tf have you been?

I've literally been doing nothing. I have no excuses other than I'm lazy.

But for real, if I'm going to be honest with you, the main reason I always take months to update is because of exams. I took my 'hiatus' (imma call it that to make myself feel better please just love me) when I was sitting my high school exams, and because of my good grades in them I was able to go on to University. But now I have even MORE exams.

It's a study and then more study lifestyle.

I'm doing good though, and I'm so much better at managing time (my mum won't agree) and stress than I used to be, so I feel I'm ready to start a new book and open this 'chapter' of my life again (THAT PUN WAS RUDDY INTENDED YOU'RE SO WELCOME)

- Are you some famous J.K Rowling we don't know about?

My bank balance provides the answer to that.

- Can you send me a hard copy of this book?

Even five years on, I still can't fathom the fact that people actually enjoy this book. It means the world and I am eternally grateful.

If I ever publish this fanfic into a book, I promise I will dedicate the first-ever copy to you. (better get working on my signature)

- What happened to the other characters? Who do they end up with?

Okay, not to sound silly, but I left my fanfic for that long I've completely forgotten half the plotline AND characters. And I hate re-reading my old work because all I can see are the flaws, and I don't want to associate my fanfic with any negative emotion because at the time it was my world.

But, personally, I feel the boys would have all separated from their significant others throughout their tours, due to the strain distance would have placed on their relationships. And they would have all met other amazing, kind girls and fallen deeply in love.