Lesson Six: Fears

Try not to make every character love the superhero because they aren't scared of anything, a superhero has a reason for why they save the world.

Fears:

Acrophobia: fear of heights; 

Try to make a fight scene where the hero has to follow the villain up to a high tower and convince them to follow the hero back down, that life isn't as bad as the villain makes it seem. 

Aerophobia: fear of flying;

Make a plane accident happen! It will explain why the hero, villain, or a character is scared of it, it'd be so cool to figure out why or where the character was going to have to fly.

Agoraphobia: fear of public space;

Make an "awkward" scene where both the villain and hero are in a public area and they just have a fight right there, make it more intense to where the hero has to protect the people around them as well!

Ailurophobia: fear of cats;

This would be an awesome fear to have in Captain Marvel, considering the fact that Goose the cat is in it. Make the character not trust Goose, but Goose saves the character, so maybe the character can lose the fear? Also, find a reason why the character doesn't like cats; it could be because they are allergic to them?

Amathophobia: fear of dust;

Maybe this character lives in a really clean environment and the fancy home they once had isn't real because they have to find out the real meaning of generosity, and they have to get dirty in the process. I don't really know how to explain this... 

Arachnophobia: fear of spiders;

Black Widow, Spider-Man; these two would be awesome examples of this: the character could be scared of spiders for any reason, then, Natasha or Peter saves them from that fear? By saving, yes, I mean love. There's really no ideas coming to my mind for this one.

Astrapophobia: fear of lightning;

Maybe they were afraid of it because their home was struck by lightning and killed someone that meant a lot to them? My grandparent's house, I think I was around two-years-old, was struck by lightning and that's how I thought of this. Something that would make this even more interesting is that Thor is the character's love interest, and he's the reason the house was struck and the person who died was also Thor's mission because the person was evil? I think that'd be amazing to see it play out when the character finds out. (Someone please do this, actually--now that I think about it, it sounds awesome)

Claustrophobia: fear of closed-in spaces;

Maybe the character was closed into a small room all their life like they were insane--kinda like Loki's cell. 

Emetophobia: fear of vomiting;

Every time the reader or character gets nervous or lies, they vomit. Yes, that was a Knives Out reference--good movie btw. Somehow, make the main character very close with the villain and make the villain end up revealing his plan after the main character admitted a lie but secretly? Hopefully, that makes sense.