Lesson Four: Plot Structure

I know it may seem hard to figure out what your book is going to be about, but don't worry; everyone experiences this!

As you may know, everyone in school is taught the plot structure.

1. Exposition

Exposition is the very beginning of the story, introducing the characters and setting. But give hints slowly of your characters and what they are like; give examples of their past and why they do what they do. 

2. Rising Action

Rising Action is where the action begins to happen, like drama. Say as a mistake happens; the main female character "cheats" on her boyfriend, when really, she was just helping the other male she was assumed cheating with. The information is all mixed up.

3. Climax

The climax is where the problem is happening. This is probably one of the best parts to write. If you're going to be writing a superhero fanfiction, this is the most fun time--the villain is revealed. Creating your own villain would be awesome and make the villain seem like the good guy--kinda like Mysterio in Far From Home.

Get creative with this part and use many, many, many synonyms! It looks and sounds so much cooler!

4. Falling Action

Falling Action is the result of the Climax, meaning the problem is going down/solved. Make this where the villain is stopping their actions; if you want, kill them off. Killing someone off near the end shows how the tables turn. Again, you don't have to kill someone!

5. Resolution

Resolution is the very end of the story, where everything is at peace. If someone were to die, then the last few chapters can be how the main character lived with the relationship they had with the dead character. Sadly, an example would be Tony and Peter.