Chapter 1

Piper flipped through the channels, kicking her legs up on the coffee table. She glanced at her black watch, frowning. It's been three hours since the middle school let out and still, there was no sign of her sister Madelyn. "Mom," Piper yelled up the steps. "Have you seen Maddie?" There was no answer as usual. Honestly, Piper didn't know why she even tried anymore. Clearly this was going no where.

Piper's mom was one of those parents that always go out and party, get drunk and all that other stuff. Her mother had been the one to cheat on their father and run him off and their mom didn't care. But now it seems as if everything came and slapped her in the face, finally. Though there were some things she did to Piper and Madelyn that they could never forget. It wasn't like she laid a hand on them but it still hurt.

Piper sighed and rubbed her face as the house phone rang.
Who made that ring tone?!

Picking up the phone Piper gave a short greeting, "What?" OK so maybe it wasn't really a great greeting, but still, it was the nicest others would get from her.

"Hello are you Madelyn Mclean's mother?" A gruff voice from the other end said.

"I'm her sister, is something wrong with Maddie?" By now, Piper had already grabbed her keys and bag and was heading out to the door when she remembered she had the house phone.

"Ah, this is Mrs. Gaston, the school principal."

"Alright, whatever."

There was sniffling from the other end, no doubt Madelyn's. "Your sister was caught with another student, she wasn't dressed. Luckily a man came and got her before anything could go further. She is still at the school if you wish to come." Piper almost growled. What did she think she wanted to do? Leave her sister at the school?

"I'm on my way." With that, Piper hung up, climbing into her black Mercedes. All those after school jobs had finally paid off and was put to good use.

Piper arrived at Linkin Park Middle School in less than ten minutes, honestly surprised she didn't get a ticket at how fast she was going. She almost ran over an elderly lady who shouted some pretty colorful words that would even make Demi Lovato cringe. Piper walked through the school doors and into the office. She spotted Madelyn and the principle seated in the small plastic stools. "Hello Ms, I'm Piper, Madelyn's older sister." Piper shot Maddie a look which quickly softened after a moment.

Piper sat through a conversation which determined Maddie ' future and punishments. Finally, after an hour or so, they were seated in the car.

"So. . ." Piper started to fill the silence. Mrs. Gaston gave a quick nod. "Oh, yes. The student's brother has offered to talk to your sister and yourself for your troubles. He's told me that if you agree, meet him at the Coffee Mania around four tommorow." Piper sighed, nodding.

"Alright, thank you, and I will make sure Maddie goes to all her detentions."

Honestly, Piper was SURPRISED that that was all she had gotten. She'd thought that Madelyn would atleast get suspended or something.

Piper stood, taking her sisters hand and walking out the doors of the school. They made it to her car without exchanging a word, though it was a different story.

"Just yell at me and get it over." Madelyn groaned, the silence was killing her. She had put her head in her hands.

Piper sighed. "Madelyn I just don't want you to turn into one of those tramps off the street-"

"Like mom?"

"Look, just promise me something. Make your fist time special." She pushed.  "Or, ya know, when you're forty. That sounds like a pretty special time huh MadBear?" Maddie simply rolled her eyes. Piper laughed, "Good girl. Now let's go home before mom decides to cook dinner and burn the house down."

The next morning, Piper was stumbling down the steps, yelling for Maddie to lock the door behind her. "Don't talk to mom for a while, she threw a plate at me earlier, it's best to let the beast cool." Piper informed her sister, walking down the driveway. "And clean your room, it's a mess."

"I thought the man wanted me to come with!" Madelyn complained.

"Oh, you're still grounded Missy. Now go do what I told you to do."

Maddie groaned but soon shut and locked the door. Piper got in her car driving off towards the coffee shop. And when she walked in, he could not believe her eyes.

"Grace." She said coldly to the boy that had begun walking towards her.

"Mclean. Long time no see. How've you been."