POV

POV. 3

Jeongin's walk home was quite relaxing. His blonde hair was flying around as a chilly breeze blew through. Once he went home, he would have to wash off the dried blood from his bruised knees. Considering how far he lived, his stroll would take a long. Walking was okay, though, because he usually had time to himself.

But today was different, albeit barely. First of all, his knees were hurting and the blood on them was starting to really disgust him. But he could take care of that later.

His hair was wild and his cheeks and nose had turned pink from the cold by the time he arrived home. Jeongin's older brother would often lecture him on this, but Jeongin never really paid attention. He like being cold. He felt happier as a result.

Jeongin had been quite close to his brother for most of his life, despite the fact that he had only recently moved in with him. He spent more time with his brother than anybody else after his abusive father left the picture and his birth mother left the two boys at the age of six.

He was truly adored all the time instead of just when he gave his father alcohol; he was no longer totally ignored and exploited as a punching bag. He frequently experienced nightmares about the past and would purposefully stay awake so he wouldn't dream. At first, several therapists assumed he was merely experiencing sleeplessness and had given him medication until things became quite severe. Nothing he tried to do to ease his stress was successful.

Eventually, he turned to the internet in an effort to discover something to free him from everything. And that's how he first became aware of a little space.

He initially felt it was strange. How is this even possible? He didn't view it negatively; rather, he couldn't understand why people behaved in this way. To learn more about small spaces, he did some research. The more he researched, the more he discovered about himself, and the more he realized that, despite how small it was, he did, in fact, have his own headspace.

He started to regress more often, and he discreetly bought toys for himself like onesies, pacifiers, sippy cups, and even some plushies.

Jeongin's classmates thought he was mysterious because he tended to keep to himself at school. But of all the secrets he had, this was the one he had kept the best. Nobody did and could not know.

That is, until he started middle school and met Jisung, Felix, and Seungmin who, after discovering they have a lot in common, became his closest friends.

His brother wasn't there like he usually was when Jeongin came in, all there was of him was left a note explaining that he was temporarily working abroad. And wouldn't return for at least a year.

Jeongin scattered his books and backpack throughout his room. He gathered his favorite pajamas-a long-sleeved pink blouse with the words "baby" inscribed on the front and white shorts-along with a pink pacifier.

Once he was dressed, he began to feel smaller, but he couldn't let himself go all the way yet. He had to prepare a nutritious lunch with limited room because his brother wouldn't be home. It would be plenty to reheat chicken nuggets. Then, after sprinting back to his room to get his kangaroo plush toy, he entered the living room. He allowed himself to slip once he was comfortable under a warm blanket and his cartoon was on.

The slip happened instantly. His entire body relaxed, and he successfully filtered out all of Big Jeongin's confusing thoughts. He no longer had to be concerned about that. The Paw Patrol's ability to save the Mayor's chicken today was his biggest worry. He didn't even notice the car since he was so engrossed in the program, unconsciously sipping his pacifier and petting his kangaroo.

Jeongin could see a black car coming up in his driveway through the open blinds he had failed to close. Jeongin stared out the window, waiting for someone to get out of the white car before a boy finally did. He was dressed in a black shirt, slender black leather jeans, and a leather jacket. Jeongin could see every feature on his face because he was so pale.

When the boy looked up, his eyes met Jeongin's. Even the pacifier's steady bouncing stopped as Jeongin froze. He hid under his cover after that, his cheeks blazing.

Jeongin stood up, swiftly made his way to his room, and sat down next to Chan, his stuffed kangaroo. He began, his voice muffled by the pacifier, "Channie."

"Innie likes that guy. He looks really handsome. But what he's doing here?" Jeongin sputtered. "Big Innie will be angry but doesn't want to grow up right now." "Want to be friend with Ghost hyungie!"

_____________________________________________

pt.2 of rewriting all these chapters hopefully they'll sound better and make more sense.

-♡