Chapter 6: Dark Times

You were glad to be back with your friends, but something didn't feel right. It's been a week since you got back to Arendelle. You and spend most of your time together, except when she has to deal with being queen.

You didn't want to just stay in the castle and do nothing, so you went out and got a job. You decided that the docs was the best option. You helped load and unload different ships. Some were fishing ships, others were trade ships.

After a long days work at the docks you returned to the castle. When it was your days off you either spent it with Elsa, or if she was busy you walked around town. Since tomorrow was your day off you planed to spend it with Elsa.

You wanted to take her out to a clearing in the forest for a picnic. You got most of the things ready for your time with Elsa before you went to sleep. You had a picnic blanket and basket in the corner of your room ready for tomorrow.

You finally decide that you've spent enough time thinking over your date when you look out the window and see the moon high up in the sky.

You woke up bright and early with excitement. You changed into clothes that you thought looked nice and left your room. You went to breakfast with the others.

After breakfast Elsa left and heads towards a council room. You waited outside so that you could talk to her. You waited for an hour before Elsa came out of the room.

"Is everything alright?" You asked.

Elsa looked at you with a fake smile and said, "Everything's fine, there's nothing that you should worry about."

"Elsa, I know your lying. You can trust me, what's wrong?" You say as you put your hand on her shoulder stopping her from walking away.

She looks at you and you can see fear in them. She grabs you and pulls you closer before she said the single word that you thought she would ever say. "War."

You put your arms around her and hold her tight. A few of the staff see this and just act as if they don't notice. When she finally pulls away from the hug she looks back up to you. You wipe a tear away from her eye.

"Don't be afraid. Everything will be fine." You say to comfort her.

"Why would anyone want to go to war with Arendelle?" She asked.

"I don't know, but I'll be here to protect you." You say.

Elsa looks to you and you see a small smile appear. You know that you would do anything to keep that smile on her face. You spend the rest of the day with Elsa trying to get her mind off of the bad news that she got. At the end of the day you achieved your main goal of spending more time with Elsa, but you would have wanted better circumstances.

You didn't know how things were going to turn out, but you just hoped for something to happen that would ensure the survival of Arendelle.