Chapter 1 : Mumbai ka safar.

Lost. And probably dead inside. The roads of south Mumbai won't make you feel like that. Survival game is what you'd call. The smell of heavily perfumed bodies and being pushed as if going in through a stampede is all that you'll get used to. The street food over here should be on top of the non-indian shit list of Mumbai p. Salads, burgers, fries. "Salla Burger ko bhi standard hai!". At this point I miss Navi Mumbai.

Shifting from Panvel was a task. Been over there for 20 years of my life. Had gone through a lot won't lie.

Being from a town, weed and drinks had a class to it. I started smoking during my 9th grade. For me, a box a day kept the childness in me stay. I had nothing to live for and nothing to die for. The year of 2008, December. The time it all started.
I remember having me to my friends place; everyone too elderly. I was more of the die for fame kind. I remember the first time being over there. The only oxygen present was the cigarette smoke I inhaled. The table was full of bira bottles, Marlboro was a must, and perfectly rolled  joints. The ladies left all the cigarette butts with lipstick stains on it. Me being the youngest, I was most likely to being taught on how to drink.
"Bhai cigarette chalu kiya, but you dont drink!?" Was the wry statement to be heard every single time I met them. It had only been months I've  been introduced to them. "Sab madarchod hai Bhai, yaad rakhna!" Was what they were teaching me. But my mind believed they were close. I was of a sober kind, the one not much for drinks; but the child inside me got bribed. I should have realized "sab madarchod hai bhai"

"Saurab Bhai aaj Peele, tum bolte to tumareliye ek peg bana du?" Rakesh's question got me weak. I being excited, unknowingly nodded a yes. Got a used cup on the table saying "Bhai sab apne hai, chalta hai!". Poured a 50 mixed with coke. Bitter and hot liquor piped its way through. At first, hatred was the only taste. It was like the grape juice my grandparents made. For me not to embarrass myself, I asked for more. I could only feel my throat lit. On my 4th peg I got down. I got to know what it feels. I was drunk. With all the smoke around me I realized.
"Bhai tujhe Bhi hawa lag jaegi!"