I Met A Boy (Jimin BTS Oneshot)

Start from the beginning

"Uh, are you going to buy that book?" The boy asked me with a smile. I stare at him and went still. He has a perfect set of pearly white teeth and a cutesy smile. I prefer to say he's cute rather than handsome because of his boyish looks, he's not a man after all but a boy who looks like the same age as mine.

"Hey? You okay?" He asked me again, this time he leaned a bit closer to me.

"O-Oh, y-yeah. I'm planning on buying it." I answer him feeling awkward with our closeness.

"Well, I think I should be the one to buy it. I saw it first." He smirks. What he said made me wrinkle my eyebrows and look at him strangely.

"What do you mean you saw it first?!" I scoffed."I saw it first!" I immediately took hold of the book and he did so as well. The both of us are holding it together now. "Hey!" I snapped.

"I saw it first. I went here yesterday but I didn't have enough money to buy it so I decided to just come back today so I can get it." The boy tells me smilingly, his hands gripping the book tight same as I.

"Let go of it. Just grab another copy." I tell him. The boy just grinned at me and cocked his head to his side.

"Do you see anymore copies?" He asked me. I scan the shelf from where I took it and realized that it was the last copy left.

No.. I won't let him take it from me.. I tell myself. "This book is mine." I pull the book from his grip but he also pulled it back towards him. There was a brief moment of push and pull between the two of us but neither of us gave up.

"Excuse me, ma'am? Sir? What's going on?" A sales lady approached and asked us.

"This dude won't hand down this book that I've found first!" I answer not looking at the sales lady.

"Hah! I found it first! Since yesterday!" The boy answered back.

"Ah, ah, ah. Stop it. Stop." The sales lady butted in. "Sir, why don't you let this young lady have it for now, hmm? We'll have a few copies again sometime next week and you can have a  reservation." The sales lady smiled at the boy nicely. I began tapping my foot hoping he would finally give in.

The boy flashes us a boyish smile and scratch the back of his head. "Okay. It's fine with me." He finally lets go of the book and grinned at me. I raise an eyebrow at him and went to the cashier to pay for the book.

Hah! I won! I happily thought to myself as I watch the cashier wrap it with a paper bag after I paid for it. I'm already imagining myself reading the book later at night.

I went out of the bookstore and on my way  back to the parking lot. I don't have any intention to wander around. I already bought the book that I want and I promised my dad that I'll be home early. I walk in an even pace when all of a sudden someone poked my back. I turn my head to see who it was.

"Hey." It was that boy from the bookstore. I look at him with furrowed eyebwrows.

"What do you want?" I ask him defensively. I hug the book tightly on top of my chest. The boy noticed the gesture and then laughed.

"I don't intend to take it away from you. You already paid for it. That would be stealing." He grins at me. He has smiling eyes and pinkish thin lips. He was taller than me by a few inches and has this boyish smile that made him really good looking.

"My name is Jimin." He extended a hand. I look at him flatly and didn't took it. Why is he doing this? The boy named Jimin looked slightly embarrassed. His hand offering a shake lifted up and touched the back of his neck. "I just want to get to know you that's all.."