I Met A Boy (Jimin BTS Oneshot)

"Dad, can I borrow the car keys? Pretty please?" I made a puppy face as I ask my father during breakfast. He puts down the newspaper he's reading and lowered his reading glasses as he looks at me with questioning eyes. It was Saturday and he doesn't have work, I thought of borrowing his car because I'll be going somewhere.

"And why would you ask for the car keys, hmm? Where are you going?" Dad asks me. He looks at me in a probing way.

"I need to go at the mall today. The third book of the trilogy I'm reading is already out and I'm dying to get a copy of it. So please.." I continued giving him the puppy face.

"I don't know.." Dad shook his head and have himself look at the ceiling. I know he was just teasing. I pretend to pout and fold my arms on top of my chest like a kid having tantrums. "Alright, alright." Dad finally tells me. "Stop doing that you're beginning to look like a duck, Phoebe." He laughed at me. "The keys are on top of my dresser. Be carefu--"

I didn't let him finish and hugged him tight. "You're the best dad ever!" I kissed him on the cheeks three times and hugged him again. My dad really is the best.

Dad laughed at me. "Just be careful! I don't want something bad to happen to my baby girl." He winks at me.

"Ugh! Dad..!" I punched him lightly on his shoulders. "I'm already a lady!" I pronounced the last word in a British accent and held my chin up high. Dad just shook his head and snickered.

"That's just so funny, Phoebe. What time will you get off?" He asks.

"I need to be there at the mall as soon as it opens. Don't worry, I'll be home in a jiffy!" I gave him a thumbs up sign.

"Okay, okay.. You are such a nerd." Dad joked. I stuck out my tongue after I stood up from my seat and ran towards the stairs heading to my room.

I was so excited I moved in a rush! In just fifteen minutes I'm already done fixing myself. I decided to just wear my favorite denim frayed shorts along with my favorite red tanktop and black flipflops. I took one last glance at my mirror and made a twirl. I tilted my head and smile at my reflection. I'm not a fan of cosmetics and I don't apply make up. I'm proud to say that I don't need it. Thank God for giving me a baby face. I'm already eighteen but I still look like I'm only sixteen.

"Simplicity is beauty." I tell myself and smirked.

I went to my dad's room to gather the car keys and found it on top of his bedside table and not at the top of the dresser as what he had said. I shook my head and let out a chuckle. He's becoming more and more forgetful now, a sign that he's already entering old age. Before I could grab the keys I saw mom and dad's picture in a frame and it made me stop. Instead of taking the keys my hand made it's way towards the picture frame. I took it and looked at it for awhile. I suddenly missed my mom.

"Don't worry about us, mom. Dad and I are doing just fine." I whisper and smile at the picture. My mom passed away after my sixteenth birthday. "I love you.." I kiss their picture and placed it back on the bed side table and took the car keys. I hurriedly went downstairs and saw my dad waiting for me by the door. I kiss him goodbye and he watched me leave as I drove off.

I put on my favorite CD by Demi Lovato and played the song "Don't Forget" and I sing along. It took me only twenty minutes to reach the place and made it just in time when the entrance of the mall opened for us shoppers. I walk in a briskly manner heading towards the bookstore. I am still ten steps away but I can already see the book I've been wanting to buy. In my eyes it was like a diamond gleaming under the sun. I hurried and I'm filled with too much anticipation. I've been waiting for it's release for the last two months and I can't wait to touch and smell its crisp, thin pages. And then there it was, my most awaited book right in front of my eyes as if saying "hello, come and get me now!". I reach for it and was about to take it when all of a sudden another hand tried to grab it the same time as I did. Our arms brushed with each other's and our hands bumped. My eyes widened a bit, because the hand clearly belongs to a boy. And I am right.