Chapter 1

"Turn that stupid music down Brielle" My sister Gabby screamed at me.

"Hell no! This is classic, it's flipping bowling for soup for gosh sake. Have you no appreciation of music" I screamed back at her pulling on my black jeans.

'Bruce Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
Music still on MTV
Her 2 kids in high school
Tell her that she's uncool
But she's still preoccupied with
19, 19, 198-' I sang only to be cut short by my music coming to a sudden halt.

"What the f*ck, Gabby" I screamed at my sister.

"Oh shut up, put a top on we need to leave for school now or we're gonna be late" she said leaning on my door, playing with the hem of her black pencil skirt then smoothing down the creases on her pale blue shirt ,She looked like a well put together 'young lady' , and me not so much, me and Gabby are polar opposites she likes bright colours ,and she cares about things, and worries a lot.

While the only colour in my wardrobe is black, with a few splatters of white here and there. I'm not really bothered about anything, the only things I truly care about are Gabby, my parents and my best friends. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant. School being on that irrelevant list.

I pulled on my pale blue shirt and my black converse. I pulled half of my Havana twists into a ponytail and left the rest to fall down my back.
My make up consisted of winged liner , mascara and pink tinted Vaseline. I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs , Gabby and I hugged our mum goodbye and stepped out of the house.

We got into Gabby's old school Ford, which she absolutely hates. I personally like it, it's got character.

"You ready for the first day back?" Gabby asked me her eyes still fixed on the road.

"What is there to be ready about? It's the same building, same faces and same drama. I just can't wait to see, Roxy, Drake and Dani" I said looking out the window.

I don't like school! Most of the people at my school are pompous, arrogant, illiterates that only go there because of their Mummy and Daddy's money. You see Gabby and I magically got a scholor ship to Elmswood private school, when I was in freshman year and Gabby was in junior year.

The people make me physically sick, I sit and watch Gabby stress and worry over homework every night, she wants to be a lawyer and she says she needs as good as grade as possible. While the rest of them come in and out of school just because they have to, they've got a trust fund protecting their little peanut sized brains and futures.

Me I'm quite happy with my B average, I could easily get an A if I wanted to, but I'll leave that to when I have to actually use it.

"... did you here what I just said" I heard Gabby's voice shrieking in my ear.

"Huh, uh yeah. About that thing and the other thing. Got it!" I said unsure.

" Bri listen to me, stay out of trouble I'm not going to be here next year to stop you doing all of these reckless things that you can't seem to stay away from" Gabby said trying to reason with me. I nodded, but she knows that's never gonna happen.

I smiled slightly remembering the fight I had with Dave Summers last year, lets just say he'll know not to touch my butt again.

Gabby opened her door and placed her heel clad feet on the school parking lot. I stepped out only to be met with a see of Ferrari's Buggati's and BMW's. Gabby's Ford looked like the H&M in Chanel. Gabby groaned and slammed the car door causing it to shake slightly.

"Gosh I need a new car" she said walking with me to the entrance.

"But Why, I think Talulah is a beauty" I said referring to the name I gave Gabby's car.