Chapter Three

Chapter Three:
Awkward Bathroom Encounters
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Now, Leilani Davis was complicated as fuck. If you think you have a read om her, well, chances are you're dead fucking wrong. Leilani Davis was definitely a mystery built inside the most confusing damn riddle ever. She had a shitton of problems, not that anyone bothered asking little miss perfect was okay. She wasn't, by the way. Not one bit. But, are any of us in this fucked up generation actually okay?"

"Holy fucking shit!" Leilani gasped as she looked up from her phone which plagued a video of Kat from last night. "What a fucking asshole!"

She couldn't imagine what Kat was feeling.. what was going through her head. I mean.. what would even go through your head during something like that?

Leilani sighed, exiting out of the video and opening the stall door and walking over to the sinks.

"Leilani?" A voice borough her from her heights. The girl froze, slowly turning around, her perfectly manicured hands still dripping with water.

"Lexi.." Leilani coughed, stumblimg back into the sink. "Uh.. hi."

"Hi?" She crossed her arms, raising a brow. "That's it? That's all you have to say to me? Are you fucking kidding me?"

Leilani avoided the girl's angry gaze as she looked down at her Gucci tennis shoes.

Lexi's scoff caused Leilani to squeeze her brown eyes shut.

"Are you seriously not gonna say anything?" Lexi shook her head, "At all?"

Leilani stayed silent, memories of the summer replaying in her head like a glitching VHS tape.

"Figures. All bark and no bite." Lexi shook her head, moving to leave the bathroom.

"Wait!" Leilani shouted impulsively, grabbing the taller girl's hand.

Lexi spun around quickly, scanning the shorter girl's face. "What?"

"I-I.. I'm sorry." Leilani said shaking her head. "If you feel I used you.. I'm so fucking sorry. But.. but I'm not.. I'm  not gay."

Lexi rolled her eyes as the lies tumbled from Leilani's glossed lips. "One of those things is a lie. You're not sorry."

With that, Lexi roughly pulled her arm fron Leilani's grip and left the bathroom, leaving Leilani standing alone.

Leaving her right back at square one, where she was a few weeks back.

~~

"So like.. you got in a fight or-?" Leilani tossed her phone to the side after posting on Instagram.

"Yes!" Cassie groaned covering her face with her hands. "I messed up."

Leilani pushed herself off of the bed, pulling the taller girl into a brief hug.

"You didn't do shit wrong." Leilani comforted, shaking her head. "You were just tryin' to help. But he had to go and be an asshole about it."

Leilani tried her best to comfort the girl, but her mind was in a completely different place.

Her mind took her back to all those memories with Lexi.

Leilani cursed herself for letting herself do that this summer. 

She wasn't a fucking lesbian.

There was absolutely no way she liked girls. Not one bit. And she especially didn't like Lexi motherfucking Howard.

No way in hell would she allow herself to feel that way for another girl.

Definitely not.

But late, late at night she couldn't help but fantasize about them.

About how pretty they were.. how pretty she was.

Not that she'd tell anyone that, or hell even admit that to herself. In fact, in the morning she would wake up, only to hate herself a tad bit more.

"You see, Leilani thought she was the worst, so she always acted like she was the best. No one would be able to guess that by looking at her, though. You take one look at Leilani and you'd think she's just some rich, materialistic, spoiled bitch. That's what I thought too. Not gonna lie, I was a real asshole to her for a long time."

Leilani often wondered if things would be different now if she hadn't seen what she did.

They probably would be. Things would be a lot different, for sure. Maybe it would be better.. Maybe it would be worse.

Leilani thought that maybe her mom would still be cheating on her dad with his secretary.. but at least he wouldn't know and he'd still be happy.

At least the perfect image she worked so hard to keep up at school would still be real. Her family would still be perfect and happy.

They'd still be taking trips to exotic places like Bali for Christmas, and then spending New Years somewhere else.

Not that they ever stopped doing that, of course. It was just.. less than enjoyable now.

Her mom and dad were always fighting, screaming and yelling.

They'd never get a divorce. No, no. That would tarnish their perfect image. And that certainly wouldn't be taken lightly.

"No one knew what Leilani had seen. Hell, not even I knew what she'd seen. All me, Maddy, Cassie, Kat, and BB knew was that it wasn't good. She didn't show up to school for an entire month. She'd gone completely MIA. No Instagram posts, no snaps, no anything. And for a girl like Leilani, she might as well have been fucking dead. She didn't answer our texts, or Facetimes. It was like she'd completely fucking vanished of the face of this earth. None of us knew what to do. So we didn't do shit. In retrospect, that's actually a shit idea. I mean.. what the hell were we supposed to do? Go knocking down the door, like a fucking S.W.A.T team? No, Leilani wasn't like that. She was always fine, except when she wasn't, but that isn't the point here. The point is no one knows what's going on in that girl's head other than herself. At times, that can be so damn annoying. But it's not like any of us actually noticed. Saying that out loud makes us sound like we're bad friends, but hell. Maybe we are. But the point is, Leilani is fucked up."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ Word Count: 1017 }

{ A/n: leilani refusing to accept her sexuality is making me sad even if im the one doing it smh }

{ Edited: No }