Ball of Horemones

Börja om från början

"No," Kenzie began to protest; in her short lifetime she had come to hate that evil little three letter word. "No nap!"

"You've had a long day sweetie," Ariana smiled down at Kenzie. "How about just a little one?"

"Not sweepy," Kenzie tried to hide her second yawn by turning around but wasn't able to fool her parents.

"Come on ladybug," Jai laughed at his little girl as he let go of Ariana and bent down to pick up Kenzie. "You need to go nite nite and when you wake up, we'll go pick up Grandma and Grandpa form the airport." Ariana's ears perked up when Jai mentioned grandma and grandpa; she wondered whose parents were flying in. And of course it hit her; they lived in DC so Jai's parents wouldn't be flying in, since she and Jai had been living there their entire lives, so that meant hers were. They had been living in Paris ever since Ariana was in college and they remarried. She was suddenly very excited; she couldn't wait to see her parents again. It would be especially nice to see people who she actually knew.

"Gamma and gampa?" Kenzie questioned as she rested her head on her father's shoulder, letting out another big yawn.

"Yeah, but only after you take a little nap. You really need some sleep," Jai whispered.

"Otay, nite nite Mommy, I wuv you" Kenzie gave in and waved as Jai ushered her out of the room.

"Love you too sweetie," Ariana called back, the words so natural to her now.

"Can I have a gingerbread cookie?" Caitlin asked as soon as her little sister was out of hearing range.

"Mmm a gingerbread cookie sounds really great right now, come on kiddo," Caitlin took her mother's hand and they walked to the kitchen.

"Milk too?" Caitlin questioned as she went for the refrigerator.

"You read my mind honey," Ariana replied as she walked to the cabinets to grab two cups. She picked out some special holiday cups because decorating the tree really put her in the Christmas spirit. Ariana poured them two cups of milk and put a few cookies on a plate for them to share.

"Careful," Ariana instructed as Caitlin grabbed her cup of milk and the plate of cookies to place them on the table.

"I am always carefully Mommy," Caitlin smiled when she reached her destination.

After putting away the bottle of milk, Ariana joined Caitlin at the table with her own cup. She was just about to bite down on a delicious cookie when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Caitlin raced up from the table, her cookie now forgotten.

"Hold on Caitlin," Ariana sighed, she just sat down and now she had to get back up which wasn't always easy for her in her very pregnant state. She also couldn't believe how fast Caitlin got up and ran to the doorbell. What was it with kids and wanting to be the first to open the door?

"Wait, Caitlin," Ariana could hear Jai, he must have been coming down the stairs or in the living room after putting Kenzie down for her nap.

"Are we expecting anyone?" Ariana asked as she waddled her way out of the kitchen and into the foyer where she saw an anxious looking Caitlin holding onto the doorknob.

"Not that I know of," Jai replied, having just made his way down the stairs.

"Please, please, please, can I answer it now?" Caitlin asked, it seemed as if she had been waiting forever.

"Ask who it is first," Jai told her the exact same thing his mother told him for years and years.

"Who is it?" Caitlin yelled, hoping the visitor on the other end of the door would be able to hear it.