Chapter 48

It was evening when Neil was laying his head in Avni's lap... and looking at his childhood picture with kareena sitting next avni... avni was caressing Neil's hair.....

Kareena was flipping album page when a picture caught their attention... this time avni looked at Neil carefully... Neil seeing the picture got of and walked to balcony... Kareena was confuse seeing Neil's behaviour...

Kareena: Bhabhi what happened to Bhai?

Avni : he is worried about case.. don't worry..

Kareena: case....

Avni nods...

Avni : listen Kareena you take this album in your room.. I'll speak to Neil..

Kareena : okay Bhabhi!

Kareena taking the album left while avni sighed and walked to balcony....

She saw Neil back facing her... she silently stood beside him... both didn't say anything but felt each other presence...

After some time laters Neil spoke...

Neil : wifey...

Avni : hmm!

Neil : am I wrong?

Avni looked at him and turned him at her side.. she cupped his face..

Avni : you can never be wrong.. those days are past Neil... you need to forget and move on...

Neil : you also think I haven't moved on...

Avni : Neil don't take me wrong.... you have physical moved on but your mind is still on her.. I know it is not easy to forget her... she is your best friend...

Neil : she was avni.... that day still hunts me..... why she didn't trust me... was I bad.... couldn't she come and speak to me... she tried killing us avni...

Avni: will you promise me something!

Neil looked at her.. avni held his hand in hers...

Avni : promise me you will not remember her any matters... not even your special day... you need to move on from her....

Neil : I can't promise... but I'll try too....

Avni : no I don't want your try but you will move on.... Neil you don't to forgive her then why to remember her... I won't let you your birthday because of her... what do you think even this time you won't celebrate your birthday... why Neil... because of Juhi you won't... does she mean to you that much that you will forget your family.... does she really  matter to you more than us... no Lydia you will tell me who is important in your life.. Juhi or us.... last year in birthday you got angry when I planed surprise for.... that day you said you don't like to celebrate your birthday because you miss someone... I ignored thinking you need time but this time.... i know because of Juhi you don't like celebrating your birthday Neil.. i don't want to say too much which  will hurt or me too... I'm just saying choose your friendship with her or us...

Avni wiping her tears left... while Neil  stood there in tears and shocked....

Neil wiped his tears and looked at the sky...

Neil : why I always end up hurting her... she wants to celebrate my birthday.... why can't I forget Juhi.... her childhood memories still hurts me... why can't I keep my family and avni happy why..... why can't I forget that day....

He fell on the floor and buried his face with his hand and cried... while from inside someone saw this and cried...

Person : you need to remove your pain Neil... I know why you like this... it is not easy to forget a friend who always has been there for you but some day they broke your heart.. I know your friendship was loyal and true but she broke it... you need to  live your life for us....

The person wiped tears and walked back to Neil and tapped his shoulder... Neil feeling touch he looks up and saw avni...

Without thinking he pulled in her hug and hid his face into her waist... he tightly hugged her making her hiss too but she didn't let her hiss come out..... she heard his crying while hiccuping and talking at the same time....

Neil : I.... am..... sor.....r.... y.... I h....urt..... y....ou..... s....orr...y...

Avni broke hug and looked at his red fluffy face.... she rubbed her thumb on his face and wiped her tears....

Avni : I don't need your sorry Neil... yes you hurt me by keeping your pain in your heart... you never shared your pain with me... that hurts me most... why don't you share your pain to anyone... why Neil.... don't you think I'm capable listening to your pain or you don't worth me knowing your pain.... you always hurt me....

Neil: sorry......

Avni : I don't need your sorry Neil.... you need to forget her... only you wanted to this why then why remembering  her... you didn't want to forgive her then why you crying over her.... Neil I don't want to hurt by disrespecting your friendship with her but I can't see you like this... you being gloomy on birthday...... you never celebrate your birthday... this time for me.... for us.... make choice...

Neil was silent listening to her...

Avni : come let's go... maa when come up not seeing us down..Come let's go... we will talk later about this...

Neil nods... both got up and went back in room... Neil went to washroom while avni sat on bed waiting for him..

Soon Neil came out and saw Avni sitting on bed..

Avni : shall we go!

Neil nods and went down while looking down and being lost in his thought.. avni Let him think and didn't say Anything......

Here is the short update ...

I'll try next one bit longer...

And yes we heading end of the story very soon... ps I am not going reply any comments regarding the story ending.. don't mind me if I don't reply your comment..

How was chapter?

What will happen next?

You wanna say something about Neil's behaviour?

Neil's character is very different from my others book so don't judge him wrong...

Vote and comment!